So I'm getting into making electronic music and I was wondering what good software could I use?

I searched the stickies and I plan on using MyDrumSet and alot of DSK software such as Chaos Theory, Snythopia, DrumZ Acoustik and Virtuoso

It says I need a VST plug in to run the files, so I don't know what to do, I looked for some but I couldn't find any freeware.
I tried running Kristal as a VST host, which I read that it could, but I don't actually know

What I'm having trouble with is opening the first file- the synthopia file- there's an application extension .dll and I don't know what that is or means, I'm assuming it's the file I run to start Snythopia and I expect the rest of the DSK software to be like that. I was expecfting a start up application or something simple.

I don't anything about computers lol

So- does anyone know what I need to do?? Thanks
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
the .dll file is the plugin.

copy it into the plugin file (it should be somewhere in program files, in the same file that all the stuff for Kristal is, i think), and then you should be able to open it.

edit -

if not, windows (which i presume you're using? i dont know) has a VstPlugins folder in program files i think, try putting it in there is Kristal dosen't have a plugin file.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jul 13, 2009,
I found out KRISTAL does not support VST so I'm downlaoding something that will, so I hope that will work

btw the whole plug in floder thing didnt work either
try reaper, that can have everything. i have all the DSK software and they all work through reaper.
I tried reaper and it said "error loading media" when I trierd loading them

I got it working through VSThost, but it doesn't work, per say. They programs are small and I can't expand them and they don't work- but they're there

I'll try reaper again

EDIT: I don't have to buy Reaper do I? I'd rather have a freeware, since I'm poor
Last edited by TDKshorty at Jul 13, 2009,
its still showing a media error
i think, you might be getting VST's and VSTi's mixed up.

what you need is a program that can support VSTi's (virtual instruments, basically). something like FL studio 8 (try the demo first, you ''have'' to buy it... but you can get it the ''special way'' quite easily....) will do that. what you're trying to do is open a VSTi' in a program that supports VST's (effects).
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jul 13, 2009,