Page 1 of 2
If you got a message from yourself in the future (yes I know it's sci-fi movie shizz, but it's worth a thought) what would you do?

say if this message gave you strict instructions of what to do in a certain situation, would you heed these warnings or would you ignore them?

would you purely not read the message?

what would you do?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I don't understand. Are you trying to say "If you got a message from your future self" or "If you got a message from yourself in the future"?
I would do it for the lulz.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I would ask my friends Bill and Ted.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
In theory, you'd follow out the instructions, otherwise your future self would not exist as he is... (?)

=/ I'd probably disregard and forget about it though.
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
I'd sit around and fap, because either way the future would end up the same, since otherwise it would be impossible for my future self to send a message back to me.
kill all humans
Quote by Quam Celerrime
I'd do it, no questions asked.

+1

Our future selves know what's going to happen to us, so i would
do what they say......unless they like to fuck with us
Quote by DirtyMakik

THSAT WASQ MPY SKLUUUL`:PL IM'UH SOPI WASATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

The Dr. Pepper Group
Quote by will123456789
If you got a message from yourself in the future (yes I know it's sci-fi movie shizz, but it's worth a thought) what would you do?

say if this message gave you strict instructions of what to do in a certain situation, would you heed these warnings or would you ignore them?

would you purely not read the message?

what would you do?

id do it because if it really was me in the future, i know that myself wouldnt believe it to be real. so i would send a picture of myself in the future to my past self along with a symbol i made up a long time ago that only i know about. that way id know its the real deal.
if i figured out a way to send mail through time...

obviously its important enough to read.

"Doc! wear a bullet proof vest!!!"

thanks marty
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
i wouldnt my future self probably wants to mess with me
DAMN YOU FUTURE SELF!!!?!?...wait what if they are terminators? that would be cool.
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
id eat the paper and become master of time

then digest my future self and turn into a power ranger

C-3000: One
Theory Of Time : Nill
But if you did do it..then your future self wouldn't exist because he would have no need, yet if he didn't exist, then he would have a need..and I wouldn't have gotten the letter..then it would loop..and...

PARADOX!!!!
If it gets me something good, sure.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
"If you're reading this, then you're gay"

skynet win.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I wouldn't have to think about it, because no matter what I did I know I would end up the same way anyway.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by USAPeavey
I would ask my friends Bill and Ted.

Excellent!

I'd do it. Knowing myself, I'd have told myself why I was doing it, what I was avoiding. it would have to be pretty awful.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by CheeZey!
In theory, you'd follow out the instructions, otherwise your future self would not exist as he is... (?)

=/ I'd probably disregard and forget about it though.

Actually in theory you wouldnt follow the instructions. Because if you did then your future self would never have needed to send them, therefore how could he have sent it. The fact that he had to come back to give the instruction means that you didnt follow them.
No, knowing me, I'd send back the wrong instructions for a laugh and end up getting hurt.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Dreamflow
I wouldn't believe it was from my future self.

Actually that's more like it for me, too. I wouldn't believe I'd physically write myself a letter

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

knowing me, my future self would probably try to prank call me so...
RE!
SPECT!
WALK!

What'd you say?!
ive been crazy with this stuff since i am 12 probably, after thinking it through for years, id obviously follow the instructions

EDIT: but not a letter, i mean like if the ''ME'' of 2020 teleported to 2009 and i see him, or me (how ever you wanna call it) ''in person.''
Time travel questions are stupid, they always contradict themselves and never make sense.
Just like to say, it's all about what kind of future past relationship we have. There's the Terminator one where you can change small events, but the end result is all the same. You have the back to the future relationship where you can change the future actively. This is tricky though because you can have an alternate future created by time travel which would solve paradoxes, or you could just fade away if you killed your grandfather. Fading away seems to be paradoxical though. Finally you have twilight zone time travel in which you can go to the best, but if you try to assassinate Hitler, your gun will jam. So those are the choices.
I trust myself, and if it ever happened I'm sure it would be to improve my life at some point. Like...'Don't have sex with girl x, bitch has AIDs.'
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
What happens if I shoot myself when I get the message?

Besides, future me would know to send back something useful like lottery numbers.
I didn't actually answer my own question.. I think I'd do what I said.. unless I knew it was a piss take.. obviously if it's to sleep with a hot woman, would could possibly go wrong, ey?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'd ignore them. Giving people bad advice, just so I can watch them embarass themselves is a vice of mine.
I'd probably listen to me if I tell the truth. I need proof, though.
DeVillains!
I'd probably be all 'Noooo i can't know about my future!' and rip up the envelope. Then sometime in the next 30 years I'd come to my senses, think 'what the hell' and sticky tape it back together to read it.

.. then i'd go buy a bulletproof vest.

EDIT: Early Cuyler, you suck

I should really read all of the thread before i post.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Last edited by El Hilliaro at Jul 13, 2009,
What if it said something like "don't follow these instructions"

Screwed.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I wouldn't follow its instructions because being a not retarded individual I would realize that it's highly unlikely that it's really me from the future.

A more probably series of events is that angry and bitter sea turtles were formulating a plan to bring me to my ultimate demise for suffocating their brethren in plastic bags.
Quote by RU Experienced?

A more probably series of events is that angry and bitter sea turtles were formulating a plan to bring me to my ultimate demise for suffocating their brethren in plastic bags.

Sea turtles...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 2