hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 10-band EQ pedal from mxr.
I now have a fender tele std (soon w/ hot rail), h&k tube 50, 412 cab W/ original greenbacks, boss re-20. I play post-rock, sludge, doom, other metal.

1) Will it improve my tone a lot? I mean, will I be able to nail the tone I want a lot beter?

2) is it worth the 150eu here in Belgium?

3) What is the diference if I use it in my fx loop or in front of the amp?

4) Can I use it as a voulume booster if needed?

I really like my set-up, but I've heard you can make a good amp sound so much beter with a good EQ in front of it.

Thanks for replying.

Other cheaper suggestions are also welcome.

Cheers
1) yes
2) Yes
3) keep it in the fx loop. no question.
4) yes.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
1) yes
2) Yes
3) keep it in the fx loop. no question.
4) yes.

Why in the fx loop?
What is the main difference tone wise if you put it in front?
I forget the technical stuff. but i havent heard of anyone put a EQ pedal in front of the amp. You wont get an as dynamic change in tone when its in front.
um your just using the amps eq to color the eq if you do that. which if what im thinking is right. Youll hit the preamp harder but the amps eq will level out before the power stage?
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
um your just using the amps eq to color the eq if you do that. which if what im thinking is right. Youll hit the preamp harder but the amps eq will level out before the power stage?

Yeah
Quote by henis
hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 10-band EQ pedal from mxr.
I now have a fender tele std (soon w/ hot rail), h&k tube 50, 412 cab W/ original greenbacks, boss re-20. I play post-rock, sludge, doom, other metal.

1) Will it improve my tone a lot? I mean, will I be able to nail the tone I want a lot beter?

2) is it worth the 150eu here in Belgium?

3) What is the diference if I use it in my fx loop or in front of the amp?

4) Can I use it as a voulume booster if needed?

I really like my set-up, but I've heard you can make a good amp sound so much beter with a good EQ in front of it.

Thanks for replying.

Other cheaper suggestions are also welcome.

Cheers

1. No. It will help you be able to EQ your amp better to suit certain rooms and mixes, but it will not affect your tone.

2. Subjective, its a great EQ but I can't decide if its worth it for you.

3. In front of your amp it will affect your preamp tubes and your power tubes in the loop it will only affect your power tubes. In front of the amp it can also serve as an OD.

4. Yes, just place it in the loop.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
1. No. It will help you be able to EQ your amp better to suit certain rooms and mixes, but it will not affect your tone.

2. Subjective, its a great EQ but I can't decide if its worth it for you.

3. In front of your amp it will affect your preamp tubes and your power tubes in the loop it will only affect your power tubes. In front of the amp it can also serve as an OD.

4. Yes, just place it in the loop.

hmm, so it's not like a very extensive version of your amp's EQ?
It just help you to EQ your amp? So your amp's EQ qtays the most important?
yeah, dont make any drastic changes. Eq the amp and get it sound as good as possible then tweak each frequency on the pedal.