Wow, I didn't know that.
I always wanted a single and I have about 1000eu, wow
Fly too the us, but it and go on a mini vacation?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
You also have to calculate all the fees along with the shipping.. Hell just me shipping a $110 pedal to Canada cost a guy $26 bucks to ship and $80+ in duty fees. So thats 100% on top of the cost of the pedal. And then they lost the F*cking thing to boot.

So I can understand why it would cost that much to get to europe. But what I dont understand is why all the retarded a$$ fees... :shurg:
Quote by I am wet
Fly too the us, but it and go on a mini vacation?

...which'll cost him about the same amount of money as the Triple Rectifier itself

But that's the US price, so actually going to the US and buying one over there would cost you about the same as buying one over here. Consider it to be a free vacation...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You could always have someone buy one here and mail it to you.
I can easily find one used for $1300, shipping would probably be ~200, VAT is what, 15%?
You could have one for less than 1100 euro.
Quote by BrickIsRed
So here in Europe the Triple Rectifier costs €2699. That's $3771 USD.

At Guitar Center USA, it costs $1899. That's €1350.

I think that price jump covers a little more than shipping.

Agreed. Stay away from mesa in Europe. Not that bad though, we do have viable alternatives. ENGL, Brunetti, Framus, Peavey, Marshall can all be gotten at fair prices.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You also have to calculate all the fees along with the shipping.. Hell just me shipping a $110 pedal to Canada cost a guy $26 bucks to ship and $80+ in duty fees. So thats 100% on top of the cost of the pedal. And then they lost the F*cking thing to boot.

So I can understand why it would cost that much to get to europe. But what I dont understand is why all the retarded a$$ fees... :shurg:

Well Marshalls are made in England, but they're not twice the price in America. I reckon I'm gonna write Mesa a letter because twice the price in Europe is ridiculous and they don't have an excuse.
I think lower demand and warranty shipping costs would cover most of that price difference. Mesa doesn't really have a reason to lower prices in Europe because they're probably not trying to be competitive there. They'll sell a few amps, but I imagine that they can't compete with Marshall and Laney on their home turf and don't intend to, so they keep prices high to avoid that.
^ yeah, pretty much. Plus they know there will be sufficient numbers of people who think it's a better amp because it costs twice as much.

Don't get me wrong, if you want the mesa tone you're going to have to bite the bullet and buy a mesa (though i fundamentally disagree with their business practices and pricing structure); if you just want a good tone at a good price, avoid mesa in europe.

Simple as that, really.

No real excuse for the markup- i mean, shipping would be, what, £100 at the outside (and that's at retail- i assume mesa is not paying retail)? Add on VAT and customs and that'd add about 25% to the total price. Nowhere near a doubling.

Demand- maybe, but then again the massive markup is its own self-fulfilling prophecy regarding that lowered demand, the reason demand is lowered is because the price is extortionate.

Different transformers for the different voltage in europe? Again, maybe, but it still shouldn't double the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, pretty much. Plus they know there will be sufficient numbers of people who think it's a better amp because it costs twice as much.

Don't get me wrong, if you want the mesa tone you're going to have to bite the bullet and buy a mesa (though i fundamentally disagree with their business practices and pricing structure); if you just want a good tone at a good price, avoid mesa in europe.

Simple as that, really.

No real excuse for the markup- i mean, shipping would be, what, £100 at the outside (and that's at retail- i assume mesa is not paying retail)? Add on VAT and customs and that'd add about 25% to the total price. Nowhere near a doubling.

Demand- maybe, but then again the massive markup is its own self-fulfilling prophecy regarding that lowered demand, the reason demand is lowered is because the price is extortionate.

Different transformers for the different voltage in europe? Again, maybe, but it still shouldn't double the price.

Mesa's been charging what they see fit for a long time. I wouldn't even say they're a good value in the states unless you go used in which case there are some gems to be found for a good price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
that's probably true. Just compared to the prices in europe the US prices sound like a bargain. But I'm well aware that plenty of americans think they're poor value even at US prices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?