Well originally my plans were:

Hayden Mofo -> Pedals -> Epi LP
|
Harley Benton 2x12 cab

Costing me: £650 in total for the amp.

But today I saw a Marshall JCM 900 1x12 combo for about £300 and I think this may have thrown a spanner in the works because that seems a really good price to me.

So heres my question:
I want an amp for bedroom practice and gigs, should I wait to try out the Hayden and possibly lose the Marshall?

I'm looking for a really nice rock tone for my leads, think kind of Blue Oyster Cult and a bit of GN'R and Aerosmith. But I want to be able to boost up from that point to some decent medium gain for punk and stuff. Cleans should be nice but don't have to be perfect. Should take pedals well too.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If I recall correctly, the JCM900 series was the JCM800 with added gain (gain goes to 20 (Spinal Tap FTW)), so that shredders diddn't have to modify their JCM800 for extra gain.
if the price is good go for the 900. They're a bit of a hit or miss though just play it and test it out. They have really good distortion and good cleans also.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
So the 900 would give me some really good rock tones then but with a lot more gain on tap for the second channel?

But if I don't like that amount of gain I could always just use my OD pedal on the clean channel and control the amount of gain I suppose.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey