I'd say about $400, and it's my second amp. My initial amp was a Line 6 Spider III, so I figured after about 2 years of playing I should try to move away from it :P

I've heard good things about Blackstar and Blackheart, but I'm sure you guys know more about it than me.

I play almost all genres. What ever I think sounds good, I'll learn to play it. From Zeppelin to Pink Floyd to RHCP to Megadeth to Dream Theater. So a variety of sound would be nice

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Beerad1337 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Beerad1337

I also hear from you guys that Marshall MG's are terribad? Why's this? <-- Not my main question, but I've been meaning to ask, heh.

The same reason you are getting rid of your Spider, they sound bad.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Ah, I see. Well thanks for that, they're out of my price range anyways. Sounds like their overpriced Any recommendations on my next amp?
i would say go with the blackstar just because it has its own gain. where the blackheart doesn't.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by Beerad1337
I'd say about $400, and it's my second amp. I've heard good things about Blackstar

Yes. Go here for a lot more information on them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I think it would be worth saving your money and looking into a used Mesa F-30. My brotehr found one for 500 bucks used at GC.
^ Well, I'd prefer not search around for a used one. I should have said that in my initial post. Thanks for the suggestion though.

From the replies it sounds like the Blackstar is a good choice then? Unless anybody has any other possible suggestions, I'm ready to go try it out
Quote by Beerad1337
^ Well, I'd prefer not search around for a used one. I should have said that in my initial post. Thanks for the suggestion though.

From the replies it sounds like the Blackstar is a good choice then? Unless anybody has any other possible suggestions, I'm ready to go try it out

*gets on bandwagon* B-52 AT-112

... every talks about them like they're amazing. They almost had me convinced to buy one.

Peer pressure .... it's like rape for teenagers
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
*gets on bandwagon* B-52 AT-112

... every talks about them like they're amazing. They almost had me convinced to buy one.

Peer pressure .... it's like rape for teenagers

i lol'ed.

Meh, the b-52's are alright. What's wrong with buying used TS?
I know a guy that's selling a XXX and Carvin 2x12 for 575.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by I Like Me.
i lol'ed.

Meh, the b-52's are alright. What's wrong with buying used TS?

It's just that I prefer buying new amps, over searching around the web for a used one and waiting for it too be delivered.
Quote by Beerad1337
It's just that I prefer buying new amps, over searching around the web for a used one and waiting for it too be delivered.

Or searching on craigslist for a used one, going to the dudes house to try it out, paying him and then taking it home.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Or searching on craigslist for a used one, going to the dudes house to try it out, paying him and then taking it home.

+1, buying used will get you a much better deal and if you don't buy used, chances are you'll regret it down the road. especially since 400 dollars is a budget where new nothing spectacular is available yet but used you can find some pretty sick stuff
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.