hello!
considering that now i have a squier strat and a fender frontman 15g amp,what should i buy: a new amp or a new guitar?i kinda lean for a new amp but i'm not really sure.
if a new amp,which one would be a great deal for 700$(500 euros where i live)?
thank you!

“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
New amp.
What music do you play?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
blues,rock
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

Best amp in that style/price range

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
In situations like these (New guitar vs. New Amp), There will always be a bigger satisfaction in having a new guitar than a new amp. It just feels awesome.

However, this will not shape your tone much. A new amp overall will do the trick.

Remember, a new guitar in to an okay amp will not sound as good as a decent guitar in to a good amp.

What genres do you play? You need to be a little more specific for us to make a good recommendation for you.

Edit: Blues, Rock eh? I say Fender Blues Jr., just be sure to get a decent overdrive for your rock needs.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Last edited by TheJem at Jul 13, 2009,
I'd say the Blackstar HT-5 combo/Mini-stack are pretty good. Quite versatile.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Do you like how your guitar plays? If not get a new guitar. If you do then get a new amp.
Squire Strat is a better Guitar than the Frontman 15 is an Amp.
You'll get a bigger difference with a new amp than you will a new guitar.

You may also need to consider your playing area.
Are you in a place where you can play as loud as you want, or are you under any volume limits?

If you have limits to the volume you can play at, then perhaps the Hot Rod is not a great choice. It's a tube amp that needs (wants) to be cranked to get the best sound out of it.

I'll probably get flogged for this, but If and ONLY if, you are limited on volume, and you are a bedroom jammer, then a Line 6 Spider is a decent choice.

But if you're able and want to crank it up, go with the Hot Rod.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by TinyJimbo

I think that the fender champ is better for his purposes. It sounds more "transparent" and gets influenced by the guitar and the pedal(s) more than the vox. This makes it more versatile.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
hey u can do both get a epiphone g-400 faded (awesome guitar) with a marshall mg100 dfx (killer amp!) win win situation dude
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
hey u can do both get a epiphone g-400 faded (awesome guitar) with a marshall mg100 dfx (killer amp!) win win situation dude

My sarcasm detector is pegged right now. lol
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab