From the start let me make it clear. we are talking small venue, new band.

I can't see the problem tbh for small venues where everyone is drunk anyway including the guitar player. no-body will really care... will they?

I mean fair enough playing a big club or competition but for people who are in for the fun not the recording contract what do you think pit?

and please can we not have any: "squire is **** end of!!!1!!!" elaborate and make your argument clear please. thanks
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
As long as it plays and you can keep it in tune it will be fine.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Well it depends, there ARE higher end Squire guitars. They're not amazing, but they're good enough for smaller gigs. Really it all depends, do you want to look and sound like a professional band? Than you're going to want professional gear. Do you want to look like a band who is alright? Than play with alright gear. Get what I'm saying?
Does it work properly? Stay in tune ok? (well, as Fender's do) Can you play it to gigging standard? These are the things that matter. Not what's on the transfer on the headstock. Ask Francis Dunnery. He records with his Squier Strat rather than the Fender he's contracted to appear on stage with.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

^Agree. If it stays in tune and you think it sounds good, it's good to go. Nobody's going to heckle you for playing with a squier, most people won't even notice and can't even tell you what a strat looks like
Aye, i have played several gigs with a squire, most non guitar players will not know that a squire is considered "low quality." Just try to avoid the whammy bar, as from personal experiences, it takes squires out of tune pretty bad.
thank you. I binned the whammy bar ages ago cos its a waste of time even trying. After 2 years of playing i want to start gigging but cannot afford a better model guitar. personally i love the thing but thought i would get some more experienced opinions first before commiting to it.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
If you can play like freakin' Buckethead you can play anything you want. If you suck, the Squier only makes it worse.
Quote by BobDetroit
If you can play like freakin' Buckethead you can play anything you want. If you suck, the Squier only makes it worse.

This...although the tuning issue is legit. My squier can't stay in tune worth a shit when I use the whammy bar, but otherwise you should be ok.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.