Hello. My question is about the Digitech RP80. Yesterday, i found myself wanting to mess around with a whammy pedal, so i decided to borrow my friends RP80. I plugged it in after my rig (which is a boss BCB-60 pedal board alligned MXR phase 90- Vox Satchurator- EQ- Boss CE-3 Chorus - Boss BF-3 flanger and Boss DD-7 delay.) Normally, with just my rig, i have no problems with my sound, everything works great with each other, but when i plug the RP80 into the equation, my sound is not only muffled BADLY, but also there is a slight delay from when i pick a note and when it comes out of the amp. I tried rearraging it to before the pedal board which did no good either. I also took the pedal board out of the equation all together and i still have that annoying delay and muffled sound. My question is if the RP80 is just complete crap, or is it just that this particular unit is flawed? Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated!
no, it's what happens when you use a cheap multi-fx pedal
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
figured as much, guess im gonna have to fork out 200$ for the digitech whammy :P
Quote by rob893
figured as much, guess im gonna have to fork out 200$ for the digitech whammy :P

DON'T! either look for a) a used one or b) a digitech ex-7, also used.

the ex-7 has the whammy effect, but it DOESN'T cause that delay or muffle the sound at all. it also has a couple decent wah sounds, as well as some others, plus a few distortion sounds if you feel you need an extra boost. i got one used for the price of a new rp80, and it's amazing.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
DON'T! either look for a) a used one or b) a digitech ex-7, also used.

the ex-7 has the whammy effect, but it DOESN'T cause that delay or muffle the sound at all. it also has a couple decent wah sounds, as well as some others, plus a few distortion sounds if you feel you need an extra boost. i got one used for the price of a new rp80, and it's amazing.

You miss out on pretty much all of the Whammys features doing this though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
You miss out on pretty much all of the Whammys features doing this though

actually, you don't, you just spend a little more time dialing it in, but it has pretty much all the classic whammy effects
Quote by AA00P