So, I think I finally decided on stomp boxes rather than a floor pod.
and I am first going to buy my wah pedal..
I played a Bad Horsie II and completely loved it..
but scrolling through musiciansfriend I found a Morley Power Wah
and it seems pretty cool.
and especially for only 85 dollars..
Has anyone had experience with this?
My last wah (The crybaby that's like 60 bucks new)
Sucked horribly.
how do these compare?
Thank you.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I was also looking at an Ibanez Weeping Demon
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by AustinxAtomic
I was also looking at an Ibanez Weeping Demon

You don't say?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

The Power Wah is terrible. Probably as bad as the Crybaby. Never played the Ibanez though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
i have the morley tremonti 'power wah'..which i think is pretty much the same thing.

pros:
not having to click it on like a dunlop, that is the biggest p.i.t.a. sometimes you just wanna flavor one lick with a little wah. having to step hard on a dunlop and then step hard again to click it off....just sucks.

also there is a gain boost that increases the signal, which i like to use for a solo tone that cuts thru the mix. but if the wah is placed incorrectly in your signal chain, that boost screws everything up.

cons:
the sweep range doesnt seem to be that broad. but i had an original crybaby before, and thought the same thing about it. so it may just be my perception. but theres not a lot of midrange sweetspot, its either fully open or fully closed and sweeps quickly between the two.

overall its not a bad wah. what i like most is the ease of use. its sad, but even if another wah sounded 10 times better, if i had to stomp hard to engage/disengage like a dunlop, i would stick with my morley. i guess i dont use the wah enough to justify sound over being a pain to use.
I own one
I also have the Morley Bad Horsie 1, but bought the power wah/volume to get true bypass, and the volume is a nice addition.
If you play stuff with high gain and want to use it for solos, it's great. For rhythm or cleaner sounds, it doesn't have that big of a range, so it's not the ideal. Sounds better on the middle octaves of the guitar; you lose some clarity on the higher and lower notes.