I cant find any places that sell anything but the steve vai signature

is this family of guitar out of production?

I like their weird bright colors for some reason.
I bought the Steve Vai sig. myself.

Shop online perhaps? I don't think you can get anything but the Steve Vai sigs., unless you go used.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
in the uk soundsgreatmusic in heald green(where i got mine) and pmt in salford on the interweb GAK, dolphin music etc, ibanez have a weird credit thing where certain stores can`t stock guitars over a certain price and others can, it depends on their credit level and how much product they can sell. it`s a 3 teired thing upto £500, upto £800 then anything over, so the higher the rating the more variety you have with the highest able to sell the entire range. stores have 90 days to pay the distributor for the product

thejem wrote:-I don't think you can get anything but the Steve Vai sigs., unless you go used. - completly untrue i bought mine 12 months ago brand new

sorry for the bad quote but i edited after posting
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 13, 2009,
Well the only ones in production right now are the JEM7VWH (white with gold hardware) and that new one with the tight-end bridge (fixed bridge).

If by "weird bright colours" you mean the old swirl JEMs, you'll have to look for one on craigslist or ebay.
or get a custom swirl visit the forums www.jemsite.com loads of peeps are getting custom swirls also by weird colours he could mean the DNA or 20th(which is really expensive only available 2nd hand)

and the 7vwh isn`t the only production model there the 555 in both black an white and the 77v in black.

on the vai forums the mods asked what the next jem should be to celebrate 50 000 7vwh`s being sold, personally i`d like to see 1 with a fernandes sustainer as standard, basically a copy of Flo. i know you can retro fit the sustainer but 1 as standard would be cool.

then theres the 777uv universe 7 stringer
Quote by ibanezgod1973
and the 7vwh isn`t the only production model there the 555 in both black an white and the 77v in black.

then theres the 777uv universe 7 stringer

I didn't say the 7vwh was the only one, but i did forget about the 77v. Also afaik the 555 isn't being produced, or at least ibanez doesn't have it on their website now.
Quote by the strangler
I cant find any places that sell anything but the steve vai signature

is this family of guitar out of production?

I like their weird bright colors for some reason.

Well the bright ones aren't sold anymore. You would have to buy them used. And the JEM is the Steve Vai sig. There's no such thing as a non-Vai JEM. These are the only ones you can buy new:
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-jem

On an added note, RGs were made to be budget JEMs, but now, the Prestige guitars are pretty much the same quality as sigs. If you want a bright guitar, look into the Poisoned Pumpkin RG1550M or the Roadster Orange RG3550MZ and put some bright pickups and knobs on them.

Quote by ibanezgod1973
on the vai forums the mods asked what the next jem should be to celebrate 50 000 7vwh`s being sold, personally i`d like to see 1 with a fernandes sustainer as standard, basically a copy of Flo. i know you can retro fit the sustainer but 1 as standard would be cool.

Flo isn't a JEM 7V, it's a Floral Print JEM that was refinished. It's specs are more similar to the JEM77V
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19

Flo isn't a JEM 7V, it's a Floral Print JEM that was refinished. It's specs are more similar to the JEM77V

i know the origin of flo but i doubt that ibanez will make a floral then strip and spray it white and in fact it is currently fitted with a true temperment fingerboard so maybe they could do that to the anniversary model also. and it a evolution in the bridge position and a disconected jem single so they could base it around the 7v

pacman:-the 555 is on the uk site
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I cannot wrap my head round this

The JEM IS the Vai sig.
If you want a non-Vai signature JEM, get an RG and cut a hole in it

muppet

i think all the rg`s are basswood bodies the 7v as a alder body with a basswood vernier to prevent the grain from showing otherwise you`d get the same graining as on a strat.

the Jem neck is different to a rg prestige wizard or wizard 2.

and youd have to retrofit the evolution pups onto a rg
Quote by ibanezgod1973
muppet

i think all the rg`s are basswood bodies the 7v as a alder body with a basswood vernier to prevent the grain from showing otherwise you`d get the same graining as on a strat.

the Jem neck is different to a rg prestige wizard or wizard 2.

The winking smiley suggests a joke

And a lot of JEMs are basswood, the 7VWH is the only alder on I believe.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I cannot wrap my head round this

The JEM IS the Vai sig.
If you want a non-Vai signature JEM, get an RG and cut a hole in it

+1...they're ALL Steve Vai sigs, every single JEM that's ever been produced
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't know where you'd find the ones that you're looking for TS anymore, but a friend of mine has one that his brother got a LONG time ago. It was originally red, but it's so old that it's faded to a... let's say "flamboyant" pink.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I've seen a used one, just wondering if you could get them new.

anyone one know about how much they go for used?
Last edited by the strangler at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
in the uk soundsgreatmusic in heald green(where i got mine) and pmt in salford on the interweb GAK, dolphin music etc, ibanez have a weird credit thing where certain stores can`t stock guitars over a certain price and others can, it depends on their credit level and how much product they can sell. it`s a 3 teired thing upto £500, upto £800 then anything over, so the higher the rating the more variety you have with the highest able to sell the entire range. stores have 90 days to pay the distributor for the product

thejem wrote:-I don't think you can get anything but the Steve Vai sigs., unless you go used. - completly untrue i bought mine 12 months ago brand new

sorry for the bad quote but i edited after posting

Are we talking about JEM productions 12 months ago?

I say get a custom swirl JEM, absolutely awesome, and you won't tear your hair out looking for one of the discontinued models. Or if you're willing to spend five grand on the awesome 20th anniversary Jem....with that money I'd just buy a PRS.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
no we are not but some peeps posting on this thread are too lazy to even go to the ibby website, and do their research instead they post a useless thread where can i buy 1, if the TS googles jem7vwh on the google shopping page he get`s his answer in 20 seconds not 1/2 a week.

probably a dreamer anyway.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
no we are not but some peeps posting on this thread are too lazy to even go to the ibby website, and do their research instead they post a useless thread where can i buy 1, if the TS googles jem7vwh on the google shopping page he get`s his answer in 20 seconds not 1/2 a week.

probably a dreamer anyway.

Too bad there's no options for a flashing thread, enlarged thread title.

Someone would just make an official guitar recommendation thread (which I'm sure has been done before) and catch the attention of those willing to purchase new gear. Would prevent threads like this from happening because not a lot of people like searching the Internet for info even if it might help them majorly.

I will admit I've made my fair share of guitar purchasing help threads, now I just consider to what sounds good to me, not others.

Although I think I will be bashed if I say I tried a Spider Valve the other day and liked it. *flameshield*
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Quote by ibanezgod1973

What do you mean by this?

I had EVO PU's put in my RG with no problems.
Quote by TheJem
Too bad there's no options for a flashing thread, enlarged thread title.

Someone would just make an official guitar recommendation thread (which I'm sure has been done before) and catch the attention of those willing to purchase new gear. Would prevent threads like this from happening because not a lot of people like searching the Internet for info even if it might help them majorly.

I will admit I've made my fair share of guitar purchasing help threads, now I just consider to what sounds good to me, not others.

Although I think I will be bashed if I say I tried a Spider Valve the other day and liked it. *flameshield*

This isn't relevant at all, the whole post.
This isn't a thread asking "Should I get a JEM?" it's asking "Where can I find a JEM?"
And people like you always come along and say "We already have a thread for this" or "We should make [such and such] thread so that we don't have anyone making new threads", seriously if people want 1 thread for each subject (Ie, new guitar days, guitar suggestions, etc) then this place'd have about 5 threads, there's no need for all this "We must be super efficient" sorta bollocks.

And noone asked about your guitar buying, I'm pretty sure this guy'll be buying what he likes, but it can be hard to decide, and if you aren't savvy with what hardware and whatnot is the best, it's better to ask than to be stuck with a pile of ****.

And this is a thread about this guy wanting a JEM, not you trying a spyder Valve, sorry kiddo
Quote by Punk_Ninja
This isn't relevant at all, the whole post.
This isn't a thread asking "Should I get a JEM?" it's asking "Where can I find a JEM?"
And people like you always come along and say "We already have a thread for this" or "We should make [such and such] thread so that we don't have anyone making new threads", seriously if people want 1 thread for each subject (Ie, new guitar days, guitar suggestions, etc) then this place'd have about 5 threads, there's no need for all this "We must be super efficient" sorta bollocks.

And noone asked about your guitar buying, I'm pretty sure this guy'll be buying what he likes, but it can be hard to decide, and if you aren't savvy with what hardware and whatnot is the best, it's better to ask than to be stuck with a pile of ****.

And this is a thread about this guy wanting a JEM, not you trying a spyder Valve, sorry kiddo

You're making a big deal over this like it was an actual deep discussion topic. What's wrong with a little rant? I know it was /thread awhile ago but seriousy, who gives a ****? Ranting about random stuff in a thread for a brief short period of posts is what makes a forum awesome.

I do know we have the Pit for that. Doesn't mean every other forum has to be tidy.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Quote by srob7001
What do you mean by this?

I had EVO PU's put in my RG with no problems.

exactly retrofit = aftermarket fitting

i know they fit in no problem but then you have to go through the installation process and the vlx91 25 pole switch is awkward cos not all the contacts are used and you end up with a weaker contact when using the old solder mixed with new solder imo i clean the old solder off or replace the switch completly usually.

i had to send my jem in for a warranty repair to replace the switch not long ago after the switch locked itself into the single coil position
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 14, 2009,