i noticed when i play the song don't forget me (rhcp) on my tele that when it gets to the tapping part, i can't play it on my tele, the string keeps like slipping off the bottom of the fret or something, i can play it fine on my schecter. or is it my technique, my left hand simple taps and pulls down slightly when i pull off, and my right hand does pretty much the same, and i noticed the farther up the fretboard i go, the quieter or less it picks up.

i'm slightly befuddled, is me or my guitar
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Tap Up?...

There's not much one can say to improve another's tapping technique, just work on it.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by TheJem
Tap Up?...

There's not much one can say to improve another's tapping technique, just work on it.

yeah, ill have to try that, but my technique had worked for along time on my schecter without problems, but i guess ill just try different techniques for the tele
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Could Be the pickups too. Not sure what Pickups you have on the tele but tell me if im not correct. slightly more active pickups will "Tap" Better.
teles have less sustain than most guitars, also, the pickups are relative low output, especially the neck.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Pac_man0123
Action might be higher than your schecter which gives it less response when you tap.

this is my guess as well, and it would also explain why you think they're slipping off the frets
My first guess was your action was too high but it could be the truss rod. Maybe you have too much relief in the neck.

You do know how to set up your guitar, right?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
i have noticed that the action on it is higher than my schecter, i wasn't sure if teles were just set to be higher, but i mite lower it a little to see if that helps its playability

i do plan in the future to swap the pickups in both guitars

there is a local shop not to far from me that i mite take it to so they can check the truss rod and stuff and hopefully show me how to do that stuff and help me change some electroinics maybe
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Last edited by Clutch32192 at Jul 13, 2009,
active pickups for tapping wtf high out put passive ceramic pups work better than actives anyday of the week for tapping.

truss rod - very much doubt it.

string height and guage maybe..
Quote by ibanezgod1973
active pickups for tapping wtf high out put passive ceramic pups work better than actives anyday of the week for tapping.

truss rod - very much doubt it.

string height and guage maybe..

the gauge of wire makes a difference, i'm replacing them sometime this week, i use ernie ball super slinky (9-42) on my schecter, i thot about trying thinner and thicker strings to experiment since i've alwaysed used slinkies
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!
i played my tele with it unplugged and i could tap almost as good as my schecter, so i think its the pickups, because i also noticed they don't take my big muff pi very well, its really muddy, i know its a fuzz, but it just sounds like the muffs out of batteries, but i know its not.

So...now i need too find some pickups...any suggestions...i play mostly rhcp, bluesy/rocky, pretty much very versatile

i'm planning on sd hotrodded pickups for my schecter
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Quote by Clutch32192
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!
i played my tele with it unplugged and i could tap almost as good as my schecter, so i think its the pickups, because i also noticed they don't take my big muff pi very well, its really muddy, i know its a fuzz, but it just sounds like the muffs out of batteries, but i know its not.

So...now i need too find some pickups...any suggestions...i play mostly rhcp, bluesy/rocky, pretty much very versatile

i'm planning on sd hotrodded pickups for my schecter

I threw a hot rails in my bridge and love it. I would never change out my neck pickup, because I adore the tone, but I think that a cool rails in the neck would be pretty sweet!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Tapping creates less vibration than picking so for it to work well the higher output the pups are the better - thats why country guys don`t tap much and metal dudes do.