I have owned aboue 4 different patch cords and they keep dying on me. There is a peice that keeps blowing up or somthing like that that attaches to the cord.

I don't know why it is doing it either. I have a line 6 spider III 75 watt and a washburn WI14. One day i'll go to play and they just won't work. i always leave the one side plugged into my amp and unplug the guitar side...

any help?

thanks,

MetalGuitarest
Are you talking about a lead instrument cable from guitar to amp?

Is it possible it is the insert jack on either the guitar or the amp? That happens a lot actually. There is a pic and explanation in the Guitar Set Up QnA over in Electric Guitar. Otherwise, buy better cables. I've never had a cable just 'die' like this, even the cheap ones.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Are talking about a lead instrument cable from guitar to amp?

Is it possible it is the insert jack on either the guitar or the amp? That happens a lot actually. There is a pic and explanation in the Guitar Set Up QnA over in Electric Guitar. Otherwise, buy better cables. I've never had a cable just 'die' like this, even the cheap ones.

+1 i've never had this happen either. I could be the input jack for your guitar is loose from the connecting and disconnecting of the chords.

Maybe it's time to upgrade your bedroom amp to a wireless
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
You could always get patch cords that had a lifetime guarentee on them, then everytime they die you can just trade it in...?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I use a 90 degree in the guitar, through the strap so there is never any pressure on the connection even if it gets tugged.