not a massive green day fan but.... watching the video for 21 guns (which is very good) i got to thinking about the fourth guy. the band has 3 members but for any song that requires more than 1 guitar e.g. acoustic and electric in 21 guns they need another member, im sure it happens in loads of other bands and i wondered if you guys knew any other examples? but my main point is: why not make him a permanent member?
He is not part of the band's main creative force, is not always needed and looks out of place.
I think his name is Jason Freese.
Also, Green Day have been successful just being Billie, Mike and Tre, so maybe they don't want to change that.
Because then we would more people to make fun of.

But really, they should make him one.
His name is Jason White.

Jason Freeze does the keys.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
He's not in the band for fear of being labeled a green day band member.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by JAMSRS
He is not part of the band's main creative force, is not always needed and looks out of place.
I think his name is Jason Freese.
Also, Green Day have been successful just being Billie, Mike and Tre, so maybe they don't want to change that.

Actually his name is Jason White
UG Republican

Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.

Quote by xyz66
YES!!!

And I enjoy Katy Perry's music.

I swear to god nobody better sig this or else imma kill them
They have a 3rd guitarist for the tours, for songs that require 3 guitar parts and when Billie Joe wants to run around instead of playing guitar and the song requires 2 guitars
Quote by thanksgiving
His name is Jason White.

Jason Freeze does the keys.

Yeah, I remember now, haven't really been listening to them recently, despite 21st Century Breakdown. Might drag out Bullet in a Bible tomorrow though.
Yeah, it annoys me really. Either make the extra guy a full fledged member to help you play the parts you write in the studio or don't write them at all.

Same thing with Muse now. Matt Bellamy writes all the piano but sometimes they just need the guy there for backup synths etc.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
the killers have a little asian kid who plays keys/ guitar... he should be a member, because he plays so much
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I was thinking the same thing when I posted it!!

E-cookie for you! *Hands chicubswill an E-cookie*
Quote by ScottElwood
He's not in the band for fear of being labeled a green day band member.

win...

he just plays the guitar he is told too, simple as that
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Jason White's also the lead guitarist in Billie Joe's other band, Pinhead Gunpowder.

Anyway, I guess they don't make him a full member since he doesn't actually write any of the songs, just play the second guitar parts for them live and in videos. It would be cool if he was though.
Pink Floyd had a good bit of session musicians.

In pulse there was another drummer, keyboardist and I think maybe two extra guitarists, it was Pulse or Live 8, been awhile.
Quote by chicubswill
the killers have a little asian kid who plays keys/ guitar... he should be a member, because he plays so much

yeh i noticed that too, he was actually pretty good :P but to be fair "kid" is a little patronising he was easily as old as the rest of the band :P
Counting Crows made their touring guitarist/misc instruments guy into a full time member. I felt happy inside when I read that.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by JAMSRS
Yeah, I remember now, haven't really been listening to them recently, despite 21st Century Breakdown. Might drag out Bullet in a Bible tomorrow though.

Bullet in the Bible was my first music dvd. Loved it.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Bullet in the Bible was my first music dvd. Loved it.

Same.
oh yeah-
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
They asked him to be a member but he said he didn't want to intrude on the 3 piece aspect of the guys who became so famous, and prefers to stay out of the limelight.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Quote by rcazzy
They asked him to be a member but he said he didn't want to intrude on the 3 piece aspect of the guys who became so famous, and prefers to stay out of the limelight.

Sounds interesting any links on anything backing this up?
Quote by sam_osborne
yeh i noticed that too, he was actually pretty good :P but to be fair "kid" is a little patronising he was easily as old as the rest of the band :P

he looked pretty young to me, i didn't mean to be offensive.

upon further research, he is close to the same age. in fact, he's not even asian. i still think he's still good. i guess you learn something everyday...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I was thinking the same thing when I posted it!!

E-cookie for you! *Hands chicubswill an E-cookie*
He's not in so they don't have to pay him for album sales

"Green" Day isn't a reference to marijuana, it's a reference to the rather large paychecks that they get
Quote by The Shroom420

"Green" Day isn't a reference to marijuana, it's a reference to the rather large paychecks that they get

I loled at the bolded, I have never seen anything about their name meaning that. There are countless references of them stating their name came from Berkley slang on being stoned as hell on weed.
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
I loled at the bolded, I have never seen anything about their name meaning that. There are countless references of them stating their name came from Berkley slang on being stoned as hell on weed.

wouldn't that be a reference to marijuana?

And I think this is possibly the first thread about Green Day i've seen on UG that doesn't mostly compromise of bashing.

I'm proud of you guys.
Originally posted by ScottElwood

He's not in the band for fear of being labeled a green day band member

This
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by The Shroom420

Yeah, so they don't have to pay him. Nevermind the fact that Jason and Billie Joe co-own a record company, and that they are in three ( if The Network is still going) other bands together. Of course they don't want any of their money going to someone unimportant like him.