Hey pit, have a bunch of questions for you.

Firstly, my band is against the use of slavery, so were trying to find cheap fair trade, or American made t-shirts. We just need the t-shirts, we can get them printed for free from a guy I know.

Secondly, we are looking to get a drum head decal made. It's very simple, just a one color picture of something called the chi-rho. Here's a pic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Chirho.svg/424px-Chirho.svg.png

And lastly, we are want to have banners for our next show. We figured we would just do this ourselves by first making a frame out of PVC tubing. Than we would take a black tarp and paint a chi-rho on it. We would than fasten this to the PVC tubing frame. Good idea?
Quote by I Like Me.

Firstly, my band is against the use of slavery, so were trying to find cheap fair trade, or American made t-shirts. We just need the t-shirts, we can get them printed for free from a guy I know.

Secondly, we are looking to get a drum head decal made. It's very simple, just a one color picture of something called the chi-rho. Here's a pic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Chirho.svg/424px-Chirho.svg.png

And lastly, we are want to have banners for our next show. We figured we would just do this ourselves by first making a frame out of PVC tubing. Than we would take a black tarp and paint a chi-rho on it. We would than fasten this to the PVC tubing frame. Good idea?
I think you're a tad confused on how foreign companies use their workers....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by I Like Me.

Haha, I love it when a person has no idea what they're talking about.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by headbangerbuggy
Haha, I love it when a person has no idea what they're talking about.

Dude, I'm not looking to be insulted. What about what I said suggested that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Just because it's made in a different country it doesn't automatically mean it's made by slaves.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Just Andrew
I think you're a tad confused on how foreign companies use their workers....

Than please enlighten me.
Quote by ScottB.
Just because it's made in a different country it doesn't automatically mean it's made by slaves.

I'm well aware, but the fact of the matter is that if you look into the vast majority of major clothing production companies, there is some form of slavery, or the company is simply supporting the cycle of poverty that whatever community they have decided to manufacture their t-shirts in, is currently in.
Quote by I Like Me.
Dude, I'm not looking to be insulted. What about what I said suggested that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

First off, there is no such thing as slave-labor in consumerism.
They get paid enough to live off of it.
Second thing, cotton t-shirts are not made my hand. They're made by machines. Completely... no matter what country they're manufactured in.
Third, there are TONS of online t-shirt screeners for reasonable prices.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by I Like Me.
I'm well aware, but the fact of the matter is that if you look into the vast majority of major clothing production companies, there is some form of slavery, or the company is simply supporting the cycle of poverty that whatever community they have decided to manufacture their t-shirts in, is currently in.

Slavery: work done under harsh conditions for no pay.

They get paid.

End topic.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp

Quote by headbangerbuggy
First off, there is no such thing as slave-labor in consumerism.
They get paid enough to live off of it.
Second thing, cotton t-shirts are not made my hand. They're made by machines. Completely... no matter what country they're manufactured in.
Third, there are TONS of online t-shirt screeners for reasonable prices.

They get paid enough to live off? That's great, they can afford enough rice so they don't die for the day. Wonderful.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
Slavery: work done under harsh conditions for no pay.

They get paid.

End topic.

Okay it's not slavery, it may as well be seeing as though many communities are still stuck in a cycle that keeps them alive, but under harsh, or terrible conditions.
Quote by I Like Me.
Okay it's not slavery, it may as well be seeing as though many communities are still stuck in a cycle that keeps them alive, but under harsh, or terrible conditions.

Did you also read the part where cotton shirts are made by machines?

Btw, look up where your instrument was made, you might have some depressing news.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp

Quote by I Like Me.

That's life I guess.

There's not much you can do, but there's plenty of company that use machinery nowadays, not little Ol' Jimmy, who's now out of work.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
Did you also read the part where cotton shirts are made by machines?

Btw, look up where your instrument was made, you might have some depressing news.

I'm aware the shirts are made by machines. Who operates those machines, for barely enough money to keep them alive?

as for my instrument, never said i was perfect.
*sigh* okay does anyone wanna try answering my questions now? Drum head decals? Banner, will it work?
You know those people who work in terrible conditions? They chose to go work there, simply because they'd die without the little income they get from that work, as little of it as there is now, they are free to leave when ever they want.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by I Like Me.
I'm aware the shirts are made by machines. Who operates those machines, for barely enough money to keep them alive?

as for my instrument, never said i was perfect.

Ummm, it would probably take engineers/experienced workers to operate/repair some of these machines, meaning they're not doing so bad.

Maybe, I could be mistaken
TBH, the cheapest way to get the drunhead done would be to paint the thing yourself.
Banners don't need a frame. If you're obsessed with the idea, you could add a strip of something to the upper and lower edge(using something with a little weight on the lower edge).
Also, t-shirts.