Page 1 of 3
WHY

Is it, that everyone takes the piss out of Lars Ulrich, mocks him, degrades him and basically abuses him for sueing Napster, and 'selling out', when he was defending the music industry

Yet when it comes to Joe Satriani sueing Coldplay for 'el plaguerismo', you guys have no problem with it, even though he's getting alot of money because someone wrote a song that sounded like his (they stole it but thats not the point) and not defending anyone but himself?

DISCLAIMER

I have no beef with Joe, and I think he's quite cool, and he was right for sueing them ***s . But everyone who abuses Lars and supports Joe is QUITE hippocritical. And disregard my sig
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

cool story bro

but LArs Ulrich is a dick anyways so...

and he licked kirk hammets tongue, ewww GROSS
-no sig-
Learn how to spell and its not the same thing.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
There is a huge difference between a total tool like Lars Ulrich and a talented musician like Satch.
Erm, Lars sued Napster. Ah I didn't know that.

Meh I have nothing against Mr. Ulrich.
Quote by KirkMetallica
WHY

Is it, that everyone takes the piss out of Lars Ulrich, mocks him, degrades him and basically abuses him for sueing Napster, and 'selling out', when he was defending the music industry

Yet when it comes to Joe Satriani sueing Coldplay for 'el plaguerismo', you guys have no problem with it, even though he's getting alot of money because someone wrote a song that sounded like his (they stole it but thats not the point) and not defending anyone but himself?

DISCLAIMER

I have no beef with Joe, and I think he's quite cool, and he was right for sueing them ***s . But everyone who abuses Lars and supports Joe is QUITE hippocritical. And disregard my sig

Hypocrite.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Because he is a very sloppy lazy drummer who thinks he is better then he actually is.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by Al4Project
cool story bro

No.
Yeah, although Lars is a bit of a man's genitalia, he is not anywhere near as bad as all the trend followers say. He is still a huge part of a truly amazing group.
You honestly think you're average person has given this any thought?

And to be honest, Lars Ulrich is generally a dick (from my experience, anyway), so people wanna get at him in any way possible. And Joe Satriani is generally a nice guy, so people let him off.
Quote by skaterskagg1
There is a huge difference between a total tool like Lars Ulrich and a talented musician like Satch.

care to elaborate on that?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hypocrite.

Wat.
Bertolt Bretcht

Because Lars Ulrich is the worst thrash metal drummer ever (maybe metal period), and Joe Satriani is one of the best modern virtuosos

Besides, there's a difference on who's sueing who:

Lars Ulrich is sueing his own fanbase

Satch is sueing a ****ty pop band. Even though there probably is no plagiarism (I don't think so), Coldplay is a stupid generic pop-rock band anyways
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Mr.brownstone93
*looks at TS username*..Oh.. I see..

also, Biased view.

<.< 3...

>.> 2...

<.< 1...

Lulz.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

Looks at poster's username, .. Oh..I see..
And I like pre -Chinese Democracy G N' R
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

That's not the point.
Bertolt Bretcht

I've noticed alot of people in the Pit follow hate bandwagons, it might also explain alot of them are 14 and only judge a band based on the musical ability of a band instead of them having good songs or not.
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

It's kicking in now...

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by skaterskagg1

This.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by KirkMetallica
But everyone who abuses Lars and supports Joe is QUITE hippocritical.

I actually like lars though...following my post.

hes a funny guy and does well in a mainly guitar heavy band.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by KirkMetallica
Wat.

Hypocrite
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Quote by blackflag49

The Critical Hippo strikes!
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I don't mind Lars. Its just all the napster hubbub, and then him downloading Death Magnetic, and making it seem he didnt do anything wrong, when a few years back he tore people a new one for doing the exactly same thing.
Quote by KirkMetallica
That's not the point.

What is it then?
I think I missed it..

PS: Lars isn't that bad
Quote by blackflag49

I lol more every time I look at this picture.

Did you know that Hippos kill more people than every other animal combined in Africa?

They probably don't, but I heard that somewhere.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Quote by SGibson666
I don't mind Lars. Its just all the napster hubbub, and then him downloading Death Magnetic, and making it seem he didnt do anything wrong, when a few years back he tore people a new one for doing the exactly same thing.

It wasn't the same thing though. And I can see Lars' point, if he wanted to give it away he would, if he didn't, no-one else had the right to
It's because Lars is a tool, he's really annoying, and he's just... A tool, quite an annoying person, and he's not even that much of a great drummer, he's an average drummer with the right riffs.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Lithium717
I lol more every time I look at this picture.

Did you know that Hippos kill more people than every other animal combined in Africa?

They probably don't, but I heard that somewhere.

i think the statistic is they kill more than lions or something.
but yea very dangerous, especially when feeling critical...
For me, at least, I dislike Lars as a person because, to my understanding and opinion, he lacks two very important things I require to like a musician.

1. The skill he cracks himself up to have.

2. A personality devoid of greed and egotism.

Unfortunately, IMO he lacks both and therefore I can conclude I do not like him as both a musician or as a person.
The playground of the world
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
I've noticed alot of people in the Pit follow hate bandwagons, it might also explain alot of them are 14 and only judge a band based on the musical ability of a band instead of them having good songs or not.

i dont get it, doesnt having good songs mean ur musically talented? also depends on what u mean by "good song". someone with a degree in music composition would have a different opinion from u on musical talent.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by ajreciever14
i dont get it, doesnt having good songs mean ur musically talented? also depends on what u mean by "good song". someone with a degree in music composition would have a different opinion from u on musical talent.

Be prepared for an onslaught from music elitists.
I don't know but a friend of mine did get a chance to kind of meet Lars, but from what I heard Lars completely ignored my friend and told the crowd to piss off. So yeah I can see how people hate him, because he's an asshat I guess. But Satch, I'm not too sure about him.

To me if you are going to sue someone for taking a riff, it's kind of pointless because a lot of songs sound like each other these days. But if you sue a company for basically letting people download your songs for free, I can understand that. I guess people don't really understand that these musicians are performers, and they need to get paid too. It's like you are chef and try to sell your pie, but people break into your bakery and just eat and share the pie but you get the idea.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
i don't agree that it's hypocritical at all. Joe is suing another musician/group of musicians because they're making a ton of money out of his work and are winning awards for his song (at least, Joe would claim this is the case). The average napster using wasn't making any money out of downloading metallica's songs- and certainly wasn't winning grammies etc.. Big difference, ergo not hypocritical.

Bit like how, personally, I'd consider it wrong for someone to illegally copy CDs and then sell them on, but if someone wants to make a free copy of a CD they own for a friend, that's ok. The first is piracy, the second isn't.

In my opinion; the law may take a different view.

Everyone suggesting that it's different because Joe rocks and Lars doesn't (regardless of whether or not that's true- it probably is ) IS being hypocritical, though (imo), justice isn't just available to the cool.

Plus they're missing the point, as I suggested earlier in my post, they're two competely different situations.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by ajreciever14

If you're in a collaborative band, how can you jusge a single member's musical talent by the band's output?
Page 1 of 3