I listened to their new album black clouds and silver linings and was blown away,other than that album the only other dream theater song i like is their cover of to tame a land and endless sacrifice,then again i havent really heard much songs.Sooooo any care to recommend me which albums of them i might like,that ar similar to this one,or anyone i might like overall
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

This album is more like their later style than their earlier style, so I think that ablums like Octavarium, Train of Throught, or Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence would be good places to start. And I'd put this in the Dream Theater thread stickied at the top of this forum.
the best Dream Theater albums (to me) are "Images and Words" and "Metropolis Pt. 2"
listen to "Live Scenes from New York" that album kills me
Hola.
Thanks ^^ and i didnt notice the dream theater thread sorry,and any song they have sound like a nightmare to remember and the count of tuscany,and wither?
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

If you're looking for a song like Wither, you might wanna listen to The Answer lies within, I walk beside you, or Endless Sacrifice. A nightmare to remember is pretty heavy, so like In the Name of God, or The Glass Prison. The Count of Tuscany, try A Change of Seasons or Octavarium. Also, if you liked The Shattered Fortress, then you should look into the AA Saga which that song is part of. It starts with The Glass Prison.
You'll probably like their more metal stuff (as in, their later stuff). Train of Thought, Octavarium, Systematic Chaos, etc.

I'd check out everything, because in my opinion all of their albums are golden. My personal favorite is Awake. But you'll definitely want to check out the ones listed above, and if you have time, check out Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and Metropolis Pt. 2 Scenes From A Memory
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Just to say something.... If you were blown away with this album, i think you'll die when you listen to iw, awake and sfam.
Quote by Rock In Rio
Live Scenes From New York is epic. Especially Rudess' keyboard solo.

Love that keyboard solo. Epic as hell.
Well my favorite Dream Theater album has to be Images and Words, that album has so many good songs. Granted, if you're more of a metal fan than a straight prog fan you'll probably like Six Degrees and later. Personally, I love everything Dream Theater has done, so there's nothing you can really go wrong with. If you liked their newest stuff just start working backwards with Systematic Chaos then Octavarium so on and so forth.

If you want just a quick list of albums to get I'd say

Images and Words
Train of Thought
Systematic Chaos
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Scenes From a Memory (you must listen to this straight through for full effect)
Octavarium (be warned, it's definitely the least metal of all their albums in my opinion *raises flameshield*)

Get those albums in that order and you should be all set with Dream Theater. If you find out you're a hardcore fan move into A Change of Seasons and Awake and Falling Into Infinity.
Maybe you could start with Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From a Memory because this album is the beginning of they're new style like in Six Inner Degrees of Turbulence, Trains of Thought, Octavarium, etc. but they still got they old style song so then u'll be able to listen to older albums like Images & Words.
Just listen to 'Home'.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Listen to Awake until you realize its their quintessential masterpiece, then throw out any of their albums you own that were released after 6 degrees of inner turbulence.
Dream Theater is terrible. I mean they're good players and all, but they're really all just about being progressive for the sake of being progressive. There's really no thought or anything behind what they do, they just kind of drag out everything they do like they have collective alzheimers.
i'm beginning to think you're a troll...

i don't even feel like arguing this one. i'm just going to say that no one here cares what you think if you're going to make posts like that. please leave
Quote by Dr. Koolaide
Dream Theater is terrible. I mean they're good players and all, but they're really all just about being progressive for the sake of being progressive. There's really no thought or anything behind what they do, they just kind of drag out everything they do like they have collective alzheimers.

That was the most iggnorant statement ever progressive music require possibly the most thought process in music obiously their into progressive sience they continue to evolve and "progress" as musicians.
Quote by Dr. Koolaide

My favorite albums are Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence and Metropolis Pt. 2.

From SDOIT my favorite songs are:
The Great Debate
The Glass Prison
All of the second disc.

From Metropolis my favorite songs are:
Home
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||