OK, so, now that i have everything grounded and wired properly in my customize squier, it's sounding/playing pretty freaking awesome, plywood or not.

anyway, my problem comes in with the tone knob. i have it wired in to be a master tone using this diagram (sorry Jim, i decided to not use your mod and just go with a traditional set-up since i had the parts and all). it works, but it's kind of an all or nothing, either you have full out tone, or absolutely no tone. Why is this? I'm using a .022 cap, which i understand to be pretty much the standard, and a 250k pot, so what is my issue? should i use a higher value cap?

thanks!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Invader Jim
Sounds like a dead pot.

aw.... well...at least i have an extra that i wasn't going to be using otherwise....

could it be anything else? i much rather not have to go through the fuss of removing that pot i just got that dang thing in there and settled!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
That's about all I can think it would be. It's the only thing that makes sence. It's not the cap or else it wouldn't do anything, and it'snot the main wiring because tones are paralell to the signal. If the guitar passes a signal then your main wiring is fine.

So all that's left is a dead or dying pot.
Quote by Invader Jim
That's about all I can think it would be. It's the only thing that makes sence. It's not the cap or else it wouldn't do anything, and it'snot the main wiring because tones are paralell to the signal. If the guitar passes a signal then your main wiring is fine.

So all that's left is a dead or dying pot.

aw........*sigh* oh well. i'll probly get around to switching that pot out later this week, but heck, at least i know that i now have the ability to do so without having to take it back and forth to the shop!

thanks for your help!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Invader Jim
No problem man. Just ask any future guitar-wiring related questions in my wiring thread.

ah my bad, i didnt think about it being a wiring question, but i guess it kinda obviously is lol
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional