So I bought this this amp this weekend for 200 bucks. Just wondering what you guys think about it. If it was a good purchase or not. I was just looking for an amp to upgrade my 15w practice amp, and be able to gig with. I know there are many people that don't really like modeling amps but it gives a pretty decent tube sound. And I play punk type music so what do you guys think?? Will it be durable? Loud enough for gigs (I haven't gigged yet but in the near future so I wouldnt be able to test it)? Just wondering what you have to say since I have 30 days to return it if things don't work out.
Sorry for the double post but also what effect would you recommend for something like blink 182, offspring type stuff?? And how should i set the treble, mid, bass.

Thanks all
With the kind of questions you ask, the amp you've currently purchased is alright, learn to use your rig like a musician, not a monkey. Don't take it rude, just... ...true.

In a while we'll talk real tubes.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
I had the AD30vt 2 weeks. It didn't sound all that great (granted it sounded better than the other modelers I tried), so I returned it. Funny thing was when I got it into the store and they tried it, it had stopped working! It was a floor model, but still 2 weeks and 2 car rides and it was dead.

I picked up the Blackstar HT-5c on sale for $360 shortly after, much better sound to my ears, was definately worth paying more. (edit, that probably isn't a good option for you since you want to gig. Look at the B52)
Last edited by ninjab at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by pvuko23
So I bought this this amp this weekend for 200 bucks. Just wondering what you guys think about it. If it was a good purchase or not. I was just looking for an amp to upgrade my 15w practice amp, and be able to gig with. I know there are many people that don't really like modeling amps but it gives a pretty decent tube sound. And I play punk type music so what do you guys think?? Will it be durable? Loud enough for gigs (I haven't gigged yet but in the near future so I wouldnt be able to test it)? Just wondering what you have to say since I have 30 days to return it if things don't work out.

Good purchase - In America, for $200, yes.

Durable - Definitely. You have to take a little care of it though.

Loudness - Band practice, definitely. My 30W on half overpowers the drummer.
Gigs on its own...maybe not.
Micing might be needed.

Good amp.
Quote by unet
Good purchase - In America, for $200, yes.

Durable - Definitely. You have to take a little care of it though.

Loudness - Band practice, definitely. My 30W on half overpowers the drummer.
Gigs on its own...maybe not.
Micing might be needed.

Good amp.

Thanks for actually writing something worthwhile reading. I have heard different things though. Some people say the 50 is capable of gigging, which i would think in small to medium sized gigs which is what I'm looking for. if anyone can confirm this that would be great.
Quote by pvuko23
Thanks for actually writing something worthwhile reading. I have heard different things though. Some people say the 50 is capable of gigging, which i would think in small to medium sized gigs which is what I'm looking for. if anyone can confirm this that would be great.

It could easily handle like a bar or a club i think...

Micing would be for big gigs.

The Line out is a godsend.
Absolute heaven for recording.

The presets suck.
Always use channels.
It's a good amp, and is definitely a step up. Use the Nu-Metal amp model for all your pop punk needs.
Quote by greggybhoy
It's a good amp, and is definitely a step up. Use the Nu-Metal amp model for all your pop punk needs.

I absolutely hate that one model.

It's harsh and fizzy.

I'd suggest US-Higain, less bass, more mids and treble.
Gain at near half.
How do you set the channels on it?? And I believe there is a footswitch for it?? I doubt I will ever use it but it would be good to know, since I just use a DS-1 to switch from cleans to distortion when I need it.
Quote by pvuko23
How do you set the channels on it?? And I believe there is a footswitch for it?? I doubt I will ever use it but it would be good to know, since I just use a DS-1 to switch from cleans to distortion when I need it.

Press the channel button. [the one to the right of the channel 1 and 2 led's]

That'll take you to either channel 1 or 2.

Then adjust all your setting for that channel.
Volume, gain, EQ, effect.
Then press write.
The light starts blinking, press write again.
Stored!

The footswitch is the Vox VFS 2.
You can switch channels and effects.
Dead useful if you ask me...
Thanks a lot unet. Just wish I had enough to buy the 212 version or full tube.
Quote by sg4ever
I've used an AD30 to gig. The AD50 will work.

In an average sized venue I suppose?
Fairly small to medium stuff. If you mic up then even the AD30 handled a room of a thousand or so.