Well I don't listen to much new rock/alternative/whatever because I think most new bands suck. There are too many and they all sound the same. I want to hear original bands that are doing something new. The Fall of Troy fits this category for me. Their guitarist does insane guitar parts that sound more progressive to me than anything else I've been hearing. Please recommend new bands for me that are recent. I don't like hardcore/lots of screaming. I love it if it's in the right places and some breakdowns are okay but that ****'s all the same. So bands with some screaming and maybe breakdowns - most likely not.

NEW BANDS WITH GOOD ORIGINAL GUITARISTS
^^ What he said

Protest The Hero are good too
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
How are the Fall of Troy doing something new? Thomas is a really cool guitarist, but I wouldn't call his work groundbreaking or anyhting.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
How are the Fall of Troy doing something new? Thomas is a really cool guitarist, but I wouldn't call his work groundbreaking or anyhting.

It's pretty good though.

I can't think of any new bands that fit that category, but plenty of relatively old ones. I don't really keep up to date with this sort of stuff anymore.
listen to The High Court's album Puppet Strings, its a really original, creative album with a lot of good guitar
Quote by wiggyisgreat
It's pretty good though.

I can't think of any new bands that fit that category, but plenty of relatively old ones. I don't really keep up to date with this sort of stuff anymore.

Oh, I love them. I just don't think they're doing anything new.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The Mars Volta.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
It depends who you class as 'modern rock', really. But The Mars Volta are worth another shout (always), and Biffy Clyro.
Quote by ænimic
Mastodon...though they're not exactly new. But their new album kills wussy modern music.

+1, Id say they are pretty new, theyre from this decade and didn't start out playing nu metal.

Coheed and Cambria is good too
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Coheed and Cambria, The Prize Fighter Inferno, The Vincent Black Shadow, Engerica, Shabutie, Davenport Cabinet...

Just find bands that wouldnt be on the charts and your gold.
...In my opinion.
Alter Bridge, dude.

Especially the blackbird album.

And muse, but that's been said.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
the mars volta, the fall of troy, an endless sporadic, between the buried and me
those bands have amazing guitar wizardry hahaha
hella
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Rickustico
the mars volta, the fall of troy, an endless sporadic, between the buried and me
those bands have amazing guitar wizardry hahaha

Don't forget the Human Abstract
Try Blakfish, Meet me in St. Louis and Mutiny on the Bounty. I like Fall of Troy and I like those too. Probability wise chances are good.

xxx
Portugal. The Man
The Mars Volta
Between The Buried and Me
Born of Osiris
Earthless
Dirty Sweet (amazing band)
The Fall of Troy truly is the epitome of the bands people are talking about and everyone who doesn't think they are original needs to check out Phantom on the Horizon, that's great stuff right there.
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2