I've been looking to purchase a fretless and the only one ive come up with so far is an ibanez soundgear 5 string Fretless for $350.

I need everyone's opinion on what is the best fretless i could buy for less than $400 (im willing to spend $450, but i live in Texas and i get sales taxed up the ass).

I play mostly Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and classic rock, maybe a little Jazz too, it would be a plus if it was a 5 or 6 string, but if its a 4 string thats cool too as long as its a quality bass.
Quote by patsfannumero1
I need everyone's opinion on what is the best fretless i could buy for less than $400 (im willing to spend $450, but i live in Texas and i get sales taxed up the ass).

Umm...musiciansfriend? Then you have 0 in sales tax and you shall say hoorah. Anyway Ibanez is good for your price range so i'd go with it
The best type of bass I can think of in that price range is the Ibanez, like you already thought about. I'd just stick with that one, they make a pretty good bass in my opinion.
Yeah, that Ibanez is the best for that price range, I don't think there are many other fretlesses (other than Squier Jazz VM) around that price.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Ibanez are good. If I were you I'd save up and browse Craigslist and used guitar stores until you find something good. Also, consider getting a fretted bass within your budget and defretting it. That will expand your options by a lot. If you do that, I'd go for a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz (the fretted one, though the fretless is quite nice too). They're nice basses and leave you well under budget, especially if you get one used. You can even use the leftover money to upgrade the bridge, tuners, etc, maybe even the pickups.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Jul 13, 2009,