Hey everyone

I am looking into getting my first electric guitar and amp and I think I know what I want to get in my price range. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about my choices.

Guitar- Agile Dauntless SBD CSBF Bird ($300)
Amp- Roland Micro Cube ($120)

Please give me any valuable feedback you might have

thanks!!!!
amp is a very good choice although you may like the cube 15 more, as for the guitar i haven't played one but i hear agile make decent guitars
Pretty good set-up for your first rig, though you might want to test out a few more guitars yourself before you buy. The amp is fine, though.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I did see a cube 15 at my local shop for $100 which would be a better deal, but I guess I like the idea of the micro cube being so portable. I'd have to think about it. Thanks for the feedback though. Any suggestions of other good guitars for around $300? I play (sorta) modern rock, classic rock, indie rock. No metal or anything too heavy. I really like Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Kings of Leon, Tegan and Sara- stuff like that.
Thanks
Get the 15 over the micro. There's no point in bringing portability up as a factor when you're comparing it to the 15W. Besides, the fact that it's a micro might drive you crazy later on.

Good choice on guitar. It's not the greatest but certainly great for the value, especially when beginning.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
I agree with everyone, get the 15! I for one have the 30 and it's a great amp. Everyone says good things about Agile, so you're probably good there too.

I just looked up the guitar, and it's a very heavy guitar. Might be a little tricky to play as a beginner, but besides that it looks good.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Royal_Brick at Jul 13, 2009,
This site in particular loves the Roland Cube, though I personally don't. I'd suggest a Peavey Vypyr. For the money, I love those amps. The guitar is good, as many UG Agile crazed fanboys will tell you. Agile's are pretty decent, but if you're planning on spending $300, you should look around. Have you tried any guitars at a Gutiar Center or Sam Ash or somethin'? 'Cause even if it's your first, you should still go feel around the different styles at a store (Even if you look dumb) to get a good idea of what you like. My first axe was a single cut like an LP and I hated it. Just find a feel you like, then decide on an axe or come back and ask us about what you need.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

i never played an agile but i've never heard anything bad about them. i have a roland 15, it's a good amp for the price and it can get sort of loud. i'd suggest a VT15/30. i suggest the VT15 (or VT30) because it's a hybrid amp and it has a very wide range of tones and it has built in effects.
I have an Agile 2000 silverburst and for a beginner guitar i think it's awsome. Agile are good guitars.
I know I need to go to my local shop (Bob's Guitars) and try some out. I always feel weird though since I don't really know what I am doing and I don't really have anybody to go with me who knows what they are doing. I just don't want to get ripped off. $300 is my absolute limit for what I want to pay for a guitar. I would go used but I don't know enough about guitars to know if one is good or not. Anyone from eastern Iowa who could help me out????
the microcube's far better than the cube 15, assuming it's going to be used for practice. these retards suggesting the cube 15 is far better have conveniently forgotten that the cube 15 doesn't have amp models, which is the reason why the cubes are so often recommended in the first place.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by eckenrok
I know I need to go to my local shop (Bob's Guitars) and try some out. I always feel weird though since I don't really know what I am doing and I don't really have anybody to go with me who knows what they are doing. I just don't want to get ripped off. $300 is my absolute limit for what I want to pay for a guitar. I would go used but I don't know enough about guitars to know if one is good or not. Anyone from eastern Iowa who could help me out????

Hi Eckenrok,

I feel for you and I'm sure everyone in this forum has been where you are at some point. Afterall, none of us was born knowing how to play or with an in depth knowledge of guitars. We all had to learn from somewhere.

Employees at musical stores can be very rude and frown upon you if you don't know what you are doing and tend to feed off of your lack of knowledge. So you are right to in feeling the way you do.

Here are some pointers to help you along the way.

1. Even though some employees are rude you'd be amazed at how nice some salespeople are as well. When buying I suggest you browse for a good 10 min and take a look at the employees demeanor, whoever you think is approachable (believe it or not usually the older guys are very pleasant and very experienced) have one of them help you.

2. When trying out that guitar if you are not very experienced playing this is ok, we all know what it feels like to be the center of attention when plugged into an amp. If you do not want this attention just ask to play the guitar and don't plug into the amp.

What you should do is the following. Play single notes on each string up and down the fretboard and try to listen for any buzzes on the neck.

Once you do this, then listen to the open strings for buzzes. If you know some chords, same deal, listen to any buzzes.

3. Another approach is tell them you are buying a gift for your cousin who has been playing and want to get them something good with your budget, this will relieve you of your instore playing fright entirely.

4. If taking the approach number 3 then ask for refund options in case your "cousin,friend, gf" etc. doesn't like it. Sales people never want to lose a commission and they will use their knowledge to not scam you since they think you are buying for an experienced player.

I guess the rule of thumb is know what your options are in terms of guarantee's refunds exchanges and all that other fun stuff.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your purchase.