Hey boys and girls,

My family recently decided to renovate our basement which was nothing more than a storage area until a few months ago. So for the first time in my life I have a basement to hang out in and have people over etc.

Since we've remodelled it, it doesn't have that warm, cozy, hangout feeling that basements should have. The walls are bare, we've got a few couches down there, a tv, some recording equipment, an old juke box, a shuffleboard table, and a few other pieces to try and bring the room together.

I know I should be writing this in the interior design forum, but I'm looking for the ultimate hangout and who better to ask than fellow musicians. So give me your best ideas on how to make this place the best basement ever.

Whether it's a record player, Hendrix posters, a hookah bong, whatever just send me some ideas.
I should post pictures of my basement. Tripping on acid is mad fun in it.

I recommend a good color scheme and a disco ball.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Ghosts. Like really cool ghosts that'll just chill with you.
*parp*
Why SO Basement?
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Do you have a daughter? Do you plan on raping her alot?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Loads of posters, drum kit, guitars and big amps and shizz.

And what better than a fridge!
You sound like that Fritzl fellow

But seriously, get a nice bong, awesome posters, some DVDs, ping pong/pool table, and a mini fridge.
Well the ghosts at my place tend to just hang out upstairs, rarely making the trek downstairs.

Come on you pit junkies, give me some ideas.
Dark walls, shag carpet, leopard print rug, disco ball, some leather ****

Get some candles too, or some low lighting and ****, nothing too fancy, just loads of tacky crap that you would never actually put in any other room of your house.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
A mini fridge, that's a great idea. Now I'll have a place to keep all my fanta
Hookah!!!
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
A cage, chains and some random S&M stuff. You know, normal basement stuff.
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Dig a hole in the middle of the room. A big one, don't be a pussy. Then plant a tomato tree in the hole. Do it.
Get thick, light colored carpeting for the basement floor. Studio lights.

If for general entertainment, built a fake wall and install a flatscreen in it.

If for music production...let me know first.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Flatscreen TV + surround sound where the couches are, that'll definitely give it a brighter feel. Paint the walls possibly? Oh and if you're into movies, get a bookshelf and fill it with your DVD's and get a popcorn machine .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
POOL TABLE...ive always wanted to own a pool table, and have the space to use it
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"

Oh hai guiz

Also, fridge. Pool table
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jul 14, 2009,
Whatever you do, don't get a dancing washing machine down there.. I heard some other guy had trouble with this problem once.
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Quote by Darksucker
Dig a hole in the middle of the room. A big one, don't be a pussy. Then plant a tomato tree in the hole. Do it.

Tomatoes grow on plants not trees...

Im agreeing with the Disco ball, shag carpet, and a leopard print rug.

But a disco ball the actually spins, and lights to bounce off on it. Or go hardcore and get a fog machine and some lasers to bounce off of it. Play some Floyd, smoke some weed and take some acid, lay down on the leopard rug, and trip.
:O Get a bear to watch and make sure no parents or unwanted visitors come...
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
1. Shackles on the wall
2. Your daughter and the children you fathered on her
3. Monopoly
Get like computers setup down there , gaming consoles , have like a 'retro' section where you have the old consoles.

Then in one corner have your music stuff etc guitars etc

Posters , pool table , darts , mini fridge etc

Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Get a record player, Hendrix posters, and Hookah. Then put some rugs on the floor/walls to make it less bare and echoey. Try and get some natural light in there too.
Man I would kill for a finished basement. I would put a bar, and big flat screen.
you'll want a bucket to shit in
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by El3ment380
Man I would kill for a finished basement. I would put a bar, and big flat screen.

would you really KILL somebody to have your basement finished? You would TAKE SOMEBODY'S LIFE to have that? ok.
Quote by Gibson06
would you really KILL somebody to have your basement finished? You would TAKE SOMEBODY'S LIFE to have that? ok.

He didn't say WHAT he would kill.
Maybe he meant like a spider or something.
Wall Stacks, pool table, Penis statue.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"