I don't wanna spread hate, but what's the hype with distortion pedals? I honestly think most of them sound like trash and if you got good quality equipment it degrades your sound. Well, that's what I think. Let me hear your opinion about em.
Everyone already knows this. I've never heard any hype for distortion pedals. There are some good ones but they're not your everday run of the mill Guitar Center gear for the most part.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQIkbDoaDa8

they're not always complete crap. they can give you a different distortion that what your amp would normally give.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
For people on a budget, some pedals are a great value. Otherwise, not a big fan, unless it's something boutique. Ex: Not BOSS, DigiTech, etc.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Depends. If you can't crank your amp they definitely help.

I usually play on low wattage tube amps so it's rarely an issue for me snd I don't play metal so heavy distortion is not what I'm ever really chasing. That being said, I feel the same about some OD pedals being nowhere near as good sounding as a cranked amp.
cut down that sig plz, it takes up most of my screen
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.