Poll: Best Cab for the 6505 head.
Poll Options
View poll results: Best Cab for the 6505 head.
Vader
8 53%
Mesa Recto
6 40%
Marshall
1 7%
Behringer Ultrastack
0 0%
Raven
0 0%
Other
0 0%
Voters: 15.
Just a quick question. I am getting a 6505 very soon and have a few cabs in mind. If anyone has matched any of these cabs, or have any other combinations I'd love to get some feedback.
Vader 4X12.
Marshall 1960A 4X12.
Mesa Recto 4X12.
Raven 4X12.
Behringer Ultrastack 4X12.

Thanks
The mesa recto 4x12 with v30s sounds amazing with the 6505, then again so would the vader. It will all come down to what is available locally and for how much, shipping a cab is a pain in the ass
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
The mesa recto 4x12 with v30s sounds amazing with the 6505, then again so would the vader. It will all come down to what is available locally and for how much, shipping a cab is a pain in the ass

Hmm, well the Vader would be getting shipped, but not to far. And yet another Bugera owner. How long have yah had your 6262.
Last edited by Venom009 at Jul 13, 2009,
about two weeks, im still in the "honeymoon" phase, but i think im there to stay
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
mesa for a huge lowend

vader for crushing metal tone with little to no "flub"
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by BigRob91
about two weeks, im still in the "honeymoon" phase, but i think im there to stay

I was thinking about getting the 6262 head, but decided to go with the Peavey.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
mesa for a huge lowend

vader for crushing metal tone with little to no "flub"

flub? Is that the farty sound that follows when playing at high volumes.
^moreso just the extra sag from loose low end
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
try and find a marshall cab with vintage 30s
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I have the Mesa recto 4x12 and the 6505+ and i love the sound with it. I think with the v30's in the Mesa it creates a clearer sound then with the Custom Eminence that are in the Vader cabs.

But it also depends on your price point... Because Vader cabs are about half the price of Mesa's (for now). But their prices have been going up as they get more popular.
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Vader or Mesa. The Marshall, unless it's a 1960V, won't sound so great with a 6505. The other two don't even deserve to be in the same post as the other 3
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Vader or Mesa. The Marshall, unless it's a 1960V, won't sound so great with a 6505. The other two don't even deserve to be in the same post as the other 3

+1 on the Marshall too
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
i have a modded 5150 II that i run a mesa recto 4x12 cab through. the black widow speakers that mesa uses sound amazing! i also have 1 more older recto cab that i threw some V30s in after the stock widow speakers kicked it..sounds heavenly.alos have a mesa cab that was sold with my Mesa MK IV head.. i think it has the old black widow speakers in it as well. AWSOME CABS man

the vadar cabs are pretty good as well. but i would suggest a Krankenstien cab from Krank. massive tone from that beast. comes with 4 Eminence Texas Heats. it was the cab designed by dime bag. im looking at getting one soon. a guy on here IBanezpsycho has the 6505+ head pushing this krank cab. sounds WAY better the the Marshall 1960s imo if you wan massive tone
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Yeah, Krank is also a great choice, they make awesome cabs. The Rev or Stein cab would sound great with a 6505.

I have a Recto Standard cab with V30s, great sounding cab, but does have a bit too much lowend with some amps. I wouldn't use them with a Marshall-voiced amp, but with a 6505, it should sound great.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

lol, Dude whats wrong with the other three, well I was just putting them out there.
I think I am starting to get a really good idea of which cab to get.
MESA or VADER
Quote by HouseBoy83
i have a modded 5150 II that i run a mesa recto 4x12 cab through. the black widow speakers that mesa uses sound amazing! i also have 1 more older recto cab that i threw some V30s in after the stock widow speakers kicked it..sounds heavenly.alos have a mesa cab that was sold with my Mesa MK IV head.. i think it has the old black widow speakers in it as well. AWSOME CABS man

the vadar cabs are pretty good as well. but i would suggest a Krankenstien cab from Krank. massive tone from that beast. comes with 4 Eminence Texas Heats. it was the cab designed by dime bag. im looking at getting one soon. a guy on here IBanezpsycho has the 6505+ head pushing this krank cab. sounds WAY better the the Marshall 1960s imo if you wan massive tone

+1

That dudes rig sounds amazingly massive...

Ohh wait thats me....

Used to have a 1960 and it was a POS, bad quality control, hate g12t75's, bad design as well. So pretty much everything about it sucked with a Peavey amp let alone most Marshalls.

Currently im running a Krankenstein and massive is not even a word that can explain the amount of brute force behind this cab. Its lowend response coupled with a great high end and versatility makes it a reall joy to play and own. I can have chugga that hits you in the chest so hard you dont want to be infront of it to great cleans, jazz and blues tones. Also its built like a tank and a half and of really good materials with not complaints on quality.

So my favorites so far are... Mesa and Krank. Then the other fav's but cant vouch for them on a personaly played basis is Mills and Vader.