Page 1 of 2
I was just looking over the new adds in the Chicago craigslist and I see this add.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/1268177007.html For a beginners acoustic electric. That's not really what the picture looked like, so I went to check it out, since it was 1.2 miles from my place.

Things minty. Grover tuners, not the best ones but decent enough to probably sell for $50 alone. With the stand and strap. One little ding on the top of the body, noting bad. Action higher than fock, lowered it, tuned it, plugged it in... hmmm, here's $50, thanks.

pr0nz...

I don't have my mic on me but I may be able to use the computer's to make a clip. I'll try that now. I have my Da5 with me.

.>.>

<.<.

Clipzorz,
flame at will!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gregs1020/music/all/play656163
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 13, 2009,
word.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
I'll repeat my sentiments from before:
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...

HNGD! Do you have any idea what model it is? I've wanted a cheap hollowbody for a while now.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Dude! that's awesome. You gotta love hollowbodies, especially when they're cheap.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Sweet find there. Does it sound good acoustically as well?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Cool, Washburn makes awesome guitars. I don't understand why their resale value is so damn low

Where was it made?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yea when I saw the add I WAS like
I'm uploading a clip I made out of a Da5, computer's mic so don't know what to expect really.
The model is a HB-15.
It sounds good unpluged.
Clipzorz... I did a special one for the br00talz fans out there. Comment, flame, enjoy!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gregs1020/music/all/play656163

Not sure where it's made, no sticker that I can see or stamp. But the HB-15's are the low end of the washburn spectrum. Still a nice set neck hollow tho.

Thank you everyone!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 13, 2009,
Is there anybody out there?

Sounds great greg, you got a frockin steal at 50 bucks.

Oh well.... This just makes me want to steal your gear even more....

haha HNGD!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Too cooked.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^If I didn't know your number I'd say that was your ad......
THAT IS STUNNING!!! it just begs to play some mellow jazz or dirty dirty dirty blues a la Seasick steve...

i hate you
Goddamn, that is such an unbelievable steal. I want it so much.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
if there's one thing i can't stand it's the back of a guitar with a burst where you can tell EXACTLY where they laid down the paper in the middle to color around. this one looks like it's the exact same shape as a guitar pick haha

having said that, i love this guitar. sweet deal for $50!!
Quite the jazz guitar, especially for the price. HNGD
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Me = Jealous.

I've never had the opportunity to try a Washburn HB series before, and now really really really want to. It sounds amazing.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i thought it said $5000
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Very nice those are the deals I love to find. Usually I would negotiate but when you find a sweet deal like that you don't want to blow it by trying to low ball it but then you have to act like you don't care. Any idea what it's actually worth? All my pricing guides are old and not a good source for prices anymore.

John
Thanks everyone, I just happened to be checking at the right time I guess. That and the guy was right by my place so I was probably the first to respond with, "I'll be right there". lol

guys!
That thing looks mint.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by johnro6659
Very nice those are the deals I love to find. Usually I would negotiate but when you find a sweet deal like that you don't want to blow it by trying to low ball it but then you have to act like you don't care. Any idea what it's actually worth?
John

Your right, you just pay the $50 and gtfo of there in a hurry. Usually yelling, "start the car! start the car!" There is another on my clist for $225, they sold for $300 ish new.

Thanks everyone, I'm digging it. I was picking too close to the bridge in the clip, getting used to this thing. It makes it rather bright, which is a nice tone in and of itself but it gets a nice deep tone picking a little further towards the neck.
That's a big problem with Craigs or most classifieds lists is how fast you can get there. I have gotten skunked a lot because of distance. The first person there with cash usually makes the deal. The only thing that pisses me off is when you go to buy something the seller doesn't call you and tell you it's gone before you drive 25 miles out of your way!

OH! I almost forgot. Sometime I can't believe people don't jump on deals a few time I called or Emailed sellers they told me I was the only one who called. I think people see a price that looks to good to be true and think it's a mistake but don't bother checking.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 14, 2009,
HNGD gregs, I'll check the clip when I get home, don't know how it got missed yesterday.

First hollow-body, or one of many?
Quote by johnro6659
That's a big problem with Craigs or most classifieds lists is how fast you can get there. I have gotten skunked a lot because of distance. The first person there with cash usually makes the deal. The only thing that pisses me off is when you go to buy something the seller doesn't call you and tell you it's gone before you drive 25 miles out of your way!
OH! I almost forgot. Sometime I can't believe people don't jump on deals a few time I called or Emailed sellers they told me I was the only one who called. I think people see a price that looks to good to be true and think it's a mistake but don't bother checking.
John

I got my dearmond about the same way, I was close with the cash in hand. I've learned to check on the adds like this one. There is a lot of stuff out there right now.

Quote by pak1351

First hollow-body, or one of many?

First. I wasn't really looking but always liked the tone they have. It's a tone I didn't have so for the price it was a no brainer.
Holy carp! Gonna check out those clips soon.

I gotta check CL more often. Congrats on the new guitar!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Page 1 of 2