Well monthes ago I started building a fuzz, but I failed and I abandoned said project.

Ive searched all over the web for schematics But i havent found one thats cool enough.

Im looking for a basic fuzz pedal schematic, with a bypass(on/off switch), with a pot to regulate distortion, and an on/off led.

Thanks a lot!
Quote by Alec Tricity

That did not work, but thanks

I found a schematic that seams rather easy, I just have some basic questions. Ive put them on the following JPEG.

And one question I forgot to include, How can I put a 9v power source adapter? I want it to run on batteries, but if I plug a 9v source power to run on that. Thanks

Thanks!
Last edited by divinorum69 at Jul 13, 2009,
Div, you need a 3PDT for true bypass and an LED. (diagram on the way)

The input is stereo. Battery ground goes to the ring connector, signal path goes to the tip. Sleeve to ground

The diodes are in parallel, so it doesn't matter which way each individual one faces, as long as they are opposite directions.
Last edited by cedricsmods at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by cedricsmods
Div, you need a 3PDT for true bypass and an LED. (diagram on the way)

The input is stereo. Battery ground goes to the ring connector, signal path goes to the tip. Sleeve to ground

The diodes are in parallel, so it doesn't matter which way each individual one faces, as long as they are opposite directions.

Thanks that cleared a lot of things out.

Now I have to figure How I go and wire with a simple DPDT switch.
I still dont understand which lug goes with which thing :S
Here's how to do true bypass and an LED which will light when the effect is on.

EDIT, just saw you want a 9v adapter too. please hold.
Quote by cedricsmods
Here's how to do true bypass and an LED which will light when the effect is on.

[

EDIT, just saw you want a 9v adapter too. please hold.

Men we posted exactly at the same time, Thanks for that diagram clears a lot once a again just one question left:

The ground on the diagram goes to the sleeve connector on the jacks? Thanks!!!
Well, I have used it on two different pedals with successful results.
Jim's way will work too. His looks easier because there are less solder points.

Note that this 9v adapter plug is wired for Boss style (center pin is negative).
Quote by Invader Jim
Cedric: That is a wierd way to do bypass. I've never seen it done that way.

This is how I have seen and done it:

It's the common ground input when bypassed wiring method. I use it in all my pedals, it's the "better" way to wire the switch imo.

You might not recognize it because some of the switch name terminology is different on his diagram.
If you want to use Jim's with a DPDT, omit the left column of lugs.
If you want to use mine, omit the left column and wire what now becomes your top left lug (the one that was jumpered to the left column) to ground.

(@ Chris, I started using that bypass after seeing it on General guitar gadgets, and also saw that you have used it in diagrams before)

About the power adapter, the way the diagram is drawn center pin on the adapter should be negative. If your power supply is designed for center pin positive, then you need to reverse the connections on the jack. Standard Boss style is center pin negative.
Quote by divinorum69
Dont know if it helps here is my power adapter input

Just make sure your adapter is isolated from the mounting enclosure. I have had issues with those threaded metal ones. I only used them for a short while before going to 2.1mm internal nut plastic DC jacks. You can buy them quite cheap in bulk and they are the industry standard more or less for DC jacks.
Thanks a lot, Jim, Kurtlives, and cedrics mod. I think now I can start wiring everything. I think I understand everything Im just missing one thing to close my questions, the 9v adapter is then wired on series with the battery?

Thanks a lot, I still have to decide if ill get a 3PDT. The good thing about this is that they come in stomp box switch.

And one last thing, where have you learned all this wiring knowledg? I know some basic things from IGCSE course, but thats it.

If anyone want some pdf refinishing books for spraycan factory finishing, pm
I am not sure I understand your question.
The only pot in your diagram is the 100k Audio taper pot. There are no pots in the bypass switching.
Quote by cedricsmods
I am not sure I understand your question.
The only pot in your diagram is the 100k Audio taper pot. There are no pots in the bypass switching.

Ah okay, sorry. I was looking clearly into the diagram.

Expect updates for the end of this week. Ill get evrything done!

This diagram helped me a lot with my pedal
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
check this out

schematic

this thing sounds amazing. kinda like a way huge swollen pickle. the send and return jacks are optional. you can hardwire them. gain on the send and return loop is also optional. depends on if you need a external loop or if you want the extra gain to push this pedal into white noise.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by fullsailstudent
check this out

*huge pics*

this thing sounds amazing. kinda like a way huge swollen pickle. the send and return jacks are optional. you can hardwire them. gain on the send and return loop is also optional. depends on if you need a external loop or if you want the extra gain to push this pedal into white noise.

Wow, thanks a lot. This seems cool. Only to difficult for me atm. Im going to finish this muff fuzz and depending how it goes ill try another.
Ive already wired everything. Im just missing ground connections. Where should I ground everything? To the casing or to a metal somthing or what?

Thanks!

Also my father helped me look for a 3DPT switch but we could not find any.
At least I got a DPDT foot switch!

cheers