I have a bass line and I am trying to write a guitar part to go along with it.

The notes used are:

D A C D A#/Bb C A A#/Bb

This doesn't fall into me knowledge of figuring it out, if the #s are accidentals this could be in the key of C. But if not, I figured it could also be in the key of E (right?)

How would I best find out some chords to put over the top of this line? It's pretty rapid so just using those root notes as the basis of the chord isn't going to work in this situation, any insight someone with more knowledge of theory would be greatly appreciated.

Travis
Quote by blue_strat
It could be Dm.

Yes, or F major
Quote by thanksgiving
You facepalm like a pro... man I want you in bed.
Id say D minor. because your starting with d and it has all of the accidentals of D Minor
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
I also think Dm is your best choice. It could be C7 (Bb is lowered 7th) but its definately not in E.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Its So Easy
I also think Dm is your best choice. It could be C7 (Bb is lowered 7th) but its definately not in E.

I agree with this guy.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Quote by hggu1
Yes, or F major

Definitely D minor. It would be F major only if it sounded more "major-ly" but the melody is definitely minor.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by selibucaz
I agree with this guy.

Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Or you could use D locrean.
Quote by Suffrin

Quote by selibucaz
Or you could use D locrean.

No, D Locrian has an Eb and an Ab. Not diatonically fit for D minor. Ab can be used for blues licks, though.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix