Did you know that Pantera was a poofy haired metal band like Poison and Pretty Boy Floyd?

Pantera in 1985. Far Beyond Glam!
Diamond Darrell, singer Terrance Lee, Rex Rocker, and Vinnie Paul

It's not Dimebag Darrell, but "Diamond Darrell Lance!"

Rex Rocker and Vinnie Paul

Phil Anselmo and his Vulgar Display Of Hairspray

Pantera in 1988 striking their metal poses. This was only 2 years before "Cowboys From Hell" came out.

Holding a beer while having big hair shows people that you're still a tough guy, right?

Phil while Rex Rocker rocks out!

Notice Phil, on your left, has a bandanna tied around his leg. This is from 1988.
why are you angry? hair metal rox harder then the metal bands. Give me Warrant, Poison, Tiger Tailz, Tyketto, etc...
and?

the guy liked KISS ffs what did you really expect?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Wow! Thanks for posting news that has been known for literally decades!!
Believe it or not...i already knew this.

June 09'er fail, please take Blue Strat's advice.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Every pantera fan EVER knows about that
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Personally, I think Pantera should have been true to their roots instead of selling out. If they had integrity they would have done like Jetboy and Poison and would now be playing big shows.

I love hair metal and it's a shame these guys could have done that.
Not sure if troll. Anyways, EVERYONE pretty much knows this.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by severed-metal

You spelt Pantera wrong..that's a sure sign for a success.

Shows what you know. They were originally "Pantara" as the original singer was named Tara Rock
Actually I did, and with me apparently most of these guys. And to be frank I quite liked the music.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Not a troll. I love hair metal and all the glam bands.

Tough, Helix, Enough Z Nuff, Nelson, LA Guns, Cinderella, Bullit Boys, etc...

I like bands with integrity that stick with what they do and don't sell out for the allmighty dollar.
If the amps were tube they were.

I am just sick of poser bands. I would rather hear Pantera doing Poison style rock and being true to themselves then pretending to be something they're not.
Quote by carl drew

I like bands with integrity that stick with what they do and don't sell out for the allmighty dollar.

And some people like bands who have the testicles to change their musical style to something that they enjoy playing instead of what they thought would bring them success.

It was the 80s, hair metal was big, they thought they could ride that wave. Then they said "You know what, lets play something original that we actually like". And it just happened to bring them more success than ripping off Motley Crue did.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by carl drew

Um, to be fair Glam Metal bands were where the money was in the 80's. People were more interested in seeing guys dress up like girls than enjoying that new fangled 'Thrash Metal'.

Oh, you were saying they used to be called Pantara? Every picture you posted has Pantera on it
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by timi_hendrix
And some people like bands who have the testicles to change their musical style to something that they enjoy playing instead of what they thought would bring them success.

It was the 80s, hair metal was big, they thought they could ride that wave. Then they said "You know what, lets play something original that we actually like". And it just happened to bring them more success than ripping off Motley Crue did.

No, the opposite. In the early 90s they saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship instead of dying with dignity on a sequened and feather boa'd ship they abandoned their roots.

It's like if Led Zep made a disco record to stay current
Quote by carl drew
No, the opposite. In the early 90s they saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship instead of dying with dignity on a sequened and feather boa'd ship they abandoned their roots.

It's like if Led Zep made a disco record to stay current

What, you expect people who make a living from the music they produce and perform, to just give up their careers and work in McDonald's because some teenager thinks they have some sort of artistic integrity?