Hello friends,

I'm skinny, weak, got into music as a way of avoiding sport and use a half stack.
Everything is just peachy until it comes time to move it. More specifically, the cab, which has no wheels, is the source of my transportation troubles. Sure, I could use my smaller, more transportable amp, but it doesn't sound as good or give me the power or tone im looking for.

Can anyone give me any advise or tips on moving a half stack apart from the obvious "go to the gym" or "get a combo/new amp". I have been toying with the idea of using a couple of skateboards?

Thanks.
Buy a base with little wheels? and then you just put a rope to move it?
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
get caster wheels and put them on the cab its easy
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
look into billy mays' magical bag of as seen on tv stuff, there has to be something in there that can help you out.

only 19.99
You know, I actually got a lot stronger from carrying my fridge cab around, as well as my 100W head that weighs a ton. Casters are your friend, but you'll probably see some improvements in your strength after a while too.
cabs aren't that heavy, really. I was helping my bandmate move his amp which is a halfstack and I was expecting a back breaking like my amp. I picked it up and it was like moving styofoam. So what's you're problem.
Just order a new halfstack to the adress of every place you play a gig weeks ahead of time. Or just Get a friend to help you move it?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
As said before, get casters. Until then, the best way would just to be to have a friend help you move it, if you're talking about moving from home to gig/studio. Otherwise, you're kind of screwed I suppose unless it's like an old Marshall cab. Some of those are pretty light, just awkward to move 'cause of the size.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

+1 for casters, they're probably you're best bet. You could also get a dolly if you wanted, it would be much more expensive though.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I use a dolly to move my halfstack up or down stairs. Other than that I roll it on the casters or just pick it up. Make sure to use your legs, not your back. Mine fits perfectly into the back of my Jeep, it's awesome.
Quote by stinger12345
+1 for casters, they're probably you're best bet. You could also get a dolly if you wanted, it would be much more expensive though.

+1 I didn't think about a dolly. That'd be a very good bet too. You can probably get one at a Wal-MArt or Auto Zone or somethin' pretty cheap. If you're movin' over a lot of stairs, it'd still suck, but then again, casters wouldn't help you there either. Dolly FTW.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Thanks for the replies. I use an Orange cab which already has two long plastic strip things on the bottom. I'm not sure if Orange manufacture casters like Fender or Ernie Ball. Would I be able to use any casters?
Quote by shiney_moondog
Thanks for the replies. I use an Orange cab which already has two long plastic strip things on the bottom. I'm not sure if Orange manufacture casters like Fender or Ernie Ball. Would I be able to use any casters?

Yes, any casters built for the purpose should fit unless the corners on your cab are funky and abnormal.

Also, stinger12345 stole my idea
Im going to install some casters. Can i just screw them on the corners or do I need to worry about putting a screw into something important? I can't open up my cab to see where things are located.
get casters

get another person in your band to help you

what do you think roadies are for........even unsigned bands have fans...let them sit in on your band practices in return they have to haul the heavy gear...

most amp manufacturers have specific casters designed for you amp, you remove the feet and install the casters.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 16, 2009,