Does anyone else think that red sg's are WAY TOO COMMON.

I mean its rare you see other colors.

IN my opinion. Black is sexy.

Thinking about geting one next year, thoughts?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I like the blue SG.

I would like to have the Gibson SG supreme.
I think thats what its called.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Yeah,, i just wish the standard would come in white

... or silverburst.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

*teh sex*

Also, go for it man. Great guitar; I've got one in black. Plays great, and it's pretty versatile (contrary to popular belief, it's not just for hard rock).
Creator of the Llamastack

^ That is the second sweetest SG I've ever seen. Btw, white SG is sweet, red is too common, but black does look really nice too. Go for it.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I'll take any excuse to post this:

Gibson SG Goddess in Sky Burst. One day I'm either going to hunt one of these down or I'll make a Warmoth SG and have a decent luthier copy the finish. It pisses all over the standard red, cherry, black, white and cream SGs.

Images vary, in person it's a very pale aqua blue to bright mid-blue burst. It's got the big style pickguard obviously, and the other things that really complete the look for me are the transparent pickups, the coloured headstock logo to match the finish, and the old style single piece wraparound bridge. The only thing ''wrong'' with it is they made the neck painfully thin and the body even thinner than usual too, so it's got even worse balance than an Epiphone SG and the neck is so thin even people used to Wizard necks would find it painful to play on. I'm seriously considering getting a Warmoth build or a private luthier copy though, with a thicker body and a normal neck. I mean look at it. It's pretty much the most beautiful guitar in the world.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.

Natural burst > The rest of the SG colors.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
i wish they had like a dark purple, not metallic, the transparent one with the wood showing.
regular hardware
mmmm
I photoshoped a pic of a red SG and made it purple, it loooked sooo hot, but i lost it

That and im wayyy to lazy to do it again XD

EDIT: to the above post: something like that but not like a burst. like the regular cherry SG just purple XD
Last edited by siverstorm at Jul 13, 2009,
I dont mind red, but blue is just plain sexy
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
i love natural burst. i might be done with new guitars for a long time unless i find an SG standard in natural burst that i can afford
Natural Burst are really nice on sg's, and as common as it is, red is the second best imo. Black is really nice too, I'm not a fan or very modern looking finishes on sg's, like the purple, blue and green or whatever.
I actually find that black sg's are common, I barely ever see cherry red sg's.

Any other silverburst fans?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I like rainbow SG's with marshmallow pickgaurds.

tl;dr Red is not too common.

SG's are not that common at all when you come to think of it. Everyone has a strat these days.

Also, if you have an SG, come say hi in the SG thread.

That is all.

Also, silverbursts are pretty cool. Although I think the colors that the SG X has to offer are my favorite.
The guitar I instantly feel in love with and crave to hold in my hands some day.. The White SG Special.... someday.. just someday I'll have it.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I agree with natural burst! The reason I don't like black is because you can't see the wood, and I love seeing it thru the red/nat burst.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I love mine in Red and would never change!!
Niiice colors. and has anyone else noticed that gibson is sorta leaning more towards their sg's now, and not so much the les paul's?

I dunno if thats right, but it seems that way to me.

All the les paul's have been done. every last finish, what else can they make, really?
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

i like cherry. white is cool on sg specials, though. and that aged white on the 3-pickup model is nice.

those blue bursts (sky burst and midnight burst) look pretty cool too, i hadn't seen them before.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
brown ftw
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Hey, I've got a red one!

No, I'm kidding. About the mad thing, because I do own a red SG, and I think you are right, they are kinda common, but you have to admit it's a nice color.

And if you wanna know my opinion on other good colors, I think they're all awesome!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
I had one in black that I got new for £800 and had to sell it for £500... goddamn recession...

I miss it so much...
Quote by Commodity

*teh sex*

Also, go for it man. Great guitar; I've got one in black. Plays great, and it's pretty versatile (contrary to popular belief, it's not just for hard rock).

WHAT IS THAT
i like red sg's when the cherry finish is very deep and dark. like the one thom yorke used during 'the basement'.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

found that pic XD
Meh I thought it looked better than that XD

EDIT...now that a look at it it looks like the metallic one.... awwww

XD

I still think a trans purple would be hawt.
Last edited by siverstorm at Jul 14, 2009,
i think i now want the silver raw power sg i fell in love.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Quote by Pretty. Odd.

Natural burst > The rest of the SG colors.

I like this one.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.