I would bet it is that the pickups are not potted that well. A pickup change would fix it, and if you want you can even pot them yourself (there is a guide in the Gear modification forum). Some people actually like the squeal as they say it adds "character". The same people say that a les paul does not need weight relief holes.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
"played through a spider III"

anything too loud through a combo amp will squeal. it probably shouldn't at such a low volume, but i would think that problem would only be worse on a modeling amp.

my guess is combination of crappy amp that's too loud, and a grounding problem with the guitar
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
"played through a spider III"

anything too loud through a combo amp will squeal. it probably shouldn't at such a low volume, but i would think that problem would only be worse on a modeling amp.

my guess is combination of crappy amp that's too loud, and a grounding problem with the guitar

He gave multiple videos, only the first one was through a spider, and a grounding problem would only produce hum.

I stand by the assumption that it is a potting problem, as potting was invented to literally "stop the squeal".
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke