So I have a 2007 Fender MIM Standard HSS Strat. I have had a Graph Tech nut and a set of String Saver saddles installed at my local music store.

here's the problem, it wont intonate. yes, i know how to do the proccess, and have done it before on my other guitars. but for some reason, it wont STAY intonated.

When one string is perfectly intonated, ill go to do the next, and get that one done. then when i go back, the one i did before it is out again. the main culprits are the G and B strings, but the D has done it too. The E A and high E are fine.

the dudes at the store even said when i got the saddles and nut installed and got it set up, it took a lot longer than it should have.

any suggestions on what to do? maybe move up a gauge in strings? or lubricate something? its been driving me mad, I'm about to buy a whole new bridge, but i'd really rather not.

Thanks,
Kyle
i know when you tune a guitar the neck moves as you tune it. so you have to go back and forth to complete the tuning.

however you sound like its a never ending tuning procedure.

i wonder if your neck was shimmed incorrectly?

how many springs in the back (tremolo)

are the new strings slipping loose?
Troubleshoot these:

Cables in good condition/undamaged?

Tuner battery level high/powered well?

Make sure your truss rod is ok :p

Any string buzz with affect string vibration obviously, making intonation hard.
theres 3 springs on the tremolo

ive been keeping it in tune as i do the adjustments, so i wouldnt think thered be too much neck tension changes

and the strings have been broken in for a while

the truss rod is slightly curved inward, but barely
The neck moves much less than the floating bridge.

Maybe your claw screws aren't tight enough.

Or maybe you just need to block the bridge when you do your intonation.
Make sure you have all you strings on and tuned how they should be, then try to set the intonation one string at a time, and tune it up before you move to the next. Do this, because the neck bends a bit when you tune your strings, throwing out your intonation. If you ARE doing it this way, then I don't know whats up... I have String Savers on my Floyd, and don't have that problem at all, so I doubt they are the problem.

And like the guy above said, try intonating a Floyd... Complete Hell...
yeah, i have been doing it like that, i thought that was the problem at first. its almost as if the screws on the saddles are unscrewing themselves.

haha getting a floyd was my back up plan, but looks like im gonna have to look elsewhere
Quote by jetwash69
The neck moves much less than the floating bridge.

Good point.

Quote by jetwash69
Or maybe you just need to block the bridge when you do your intonation.

That would work.... until the block is removed. As soon as the block is removed, the intonation would be wrong because the block would have prevented the changes in string tension during intonation and tuning from moving the bridge.
wondering if your bridge is moving around.

take it to a different shop to check their work
Quote by KYLE3222
what do you mean by block the bridge?

Remove the back cover off the trem cavity. Stick a bunch of picks or blocks of wood between the wood from the guitar body and the piece of metal that holds the string ends (where the springs attach). Do this in front of and behind the metal so it can't move either direction. --That's blocking the bridge.

Quote by cedricsmods
That would work.... until the block is removed. As soon as the block is removed, the intonation would be wrong because the block would have prevented the changes in string tension during intonation and tuning from moving the bridge.

If the claw tension is right (and the bridge was blocked accurately), the bridge won't move when the block is removed. Tuning and intonation will be correct in that position. Of course, tuning is going to get jacked up when you use the whammy on a strat, but it shouldn't affect intonation.

If you want to use the whammy without retuning it, then buy a guitar with a floyd rose or a licensed floyd rose. My Ibanez Xiphos XPT-700 w/an Edge III trem stayed perfectly in tune for about 9 months, until I changed the tuning from drop-d to standard a couple of months ago, and has stayed in perfect tune since. That's with daily whammy abuse. My MIA Strat goes out of tune in one song if you use the whammy, and I'm using GHS Ren Martinez' GraphitAll Guitar Lube Nut Lubricant in the nut and saddles.

I had a pro set my intonation on both the MIA and the MIC (Squier Affinity) and they've both stayed stable for over 18 months.

Good luck.