Alright so I've been using a zen vision m for a little while now, but I finally got an ipod touch and now I want to put some of my songs on it.

The zen's files were mostly .wma format, and needed to be converted in itunes to a file that the ipod can play.

So now I'm letting itunes convert all the .wma albums, and am noticing that 30-40 MB .wma albums are turning into anywhere from 60-80 MB in itunes!

What's the deal with the file sizes becoming larger?? Is there any way around this??
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
mp3 files are just bigger....30-40 MB shouldn't worry you.... it's when you have 20 GB of music that's expanding that should should be worried... 20 MB is nothing for a modern computer..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Cool, thanks FlyingPirahna

and FightinIrishPJ, it's not the space of my computer's hard drive I'm worried about, it's my ipod's. It's only a 16GB model
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I didn't have this problem. I went from a Zen V Plus to a iPod Nano 4G 8GB.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
How big is your library of songs?
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
you know you can turn it into an iPhone, right?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Sorry to bump such an old thread of mine, but I haven't answered some questions

my creative zen vision m (a 60 GB model) had about 49 GB filled up with music, so it's very difficult for me to pick and choose what songs I want on my 16 GB ipod touch, especially when each song is being converted to be about 6-12 MB. I only have 2100 songs on my itunes right now and I only have about 1.88 GB left on my ipod.

I will mess around with the import settings so that I can fit more songs on it
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Or you could just convert the tracks to AAC versions? might take a while but its worth a shot as the size is hugely reduced and the quality is kept.