No. Learn Altitudes by Jason Becker, thats a good starting point.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
whats wrong with that, just wondering? and man that song looks stuff, 5,6 string sweeps.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jul 13, 2009,
i didnt really look at it haha, just check that song out

EDIT: I just looked at it. I only saw like three or four little sweeping runs through the whole thing. They look pretty easy and basic, a good building block
Last edited by RabbidWolf at Jul 13, 2009,
Altitudes is kinda hard because it has the bar in the sweeps. Speaking of which, I'm learning it now. I can do bars going up just fine but I can't going down, any tips? And I didn't really see any sweeping in that CoB song
^^That gets pretty monotonous and boring. He's doing the same thing in this song but still getting inspiration from the song itself, not learning some random chord shape to sweep over and over.
learn the duncan hills coffee jingle by dethklok, great song, and great solo, has some easy sweeps, and theres even a vid on how to play it from the sqwissgaar himself
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
bleeding mascara
end of seize the day
then work up to stuff like sequoia throne
when i began to learn sweeps, i listend to tons of avenged sevenfold at the time.
id say a bunch of avenged sevenfold songs off city of evil have your basic arppegios.
the chorus in beast and the harlot is a good way to start i think
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
This War is Ours by Escape the Fate.

The songs sucks balls, but the arpeggios are really easy for like 5 string sweeping.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Heh, start with some three string patterns. Just pick three notes out of a chord and sweep them.

If you want to start with some slow five string stuff, you could try You Enjoy Myself by Phish. The intro is mostly just arpeggios, but you could probably sweep them if you wanted to.

But if your the kind of guy that likes to start at the top, I think there are some weird sweeps in the six-string version of Let The Computer Decide. Careful, it's a bit of a finger breaker.
Altitudes is nice because it's a basic rhythm that can be slowed down easily and uses 3 and 5 string basic sweep patterns. It's pretty much all major and minor chords, which is what you should start with.
Quote by RabbidWolf
^^That gets pretty monotonous and boring. He's doing the same thing in this song but still getting inspiration from the song itself, not learning some random chord shape to sweep over and over.

Even then you can't just barrel in and start playing songs with sweeps. You have to have the ability to play the song before you can practice and improve it.
I'd give the solo to Scream, Aim, Fire by Bullet for my Valentine a blast. It's (relatively) easy and uses 3 string sweeps at the end.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Practice all the chords and arpeggios that you will sweep. Practice them a lot. then practice the sweeping motion paying careful attention to right hand muting. Then practice how to roll your finger popular for sweeps that require it. Then learn the song Last Entertainment by Coroner, it has a really neat sounding easy sweep progression.