Okay, I currently have a Fender Starcaster and want to upgrade to a higher end guitar. My budget is around $600. I play mostly rock and metal, so any suggestions should have that kind of sound. Let the suggesting begin!
Last edited by NameUnavailable at Jul 13, 2009,
Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX (SD Blackouts) or C-1 HEllraiser (Coil-Tap EMG's) if you play a lot of metal. If you want a more versatile axe, you could always go with a Jackson DK2 Dinky. Looks sweet, feels sweet, sounds sweet, and can go from crisp cleans to heavy shredding.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Epiphone les Paul or ESP (if u like metallica James uses les paula and kirk uses esps
Quote by GT_Baller
Epiphone les Paul or ESP (if u like metallica James uses les paula and kirk uses esps

>.< Really dude? They both use ESP's. James uses ESP Explorers and Eclipse's (ESP version of Les Paul). Kirk actually uses ESP's, Jackson's, and Gibby Les Paul's.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Dont get a les paul man. If you can afford a mexican strat get the mexican strat. I blew my money on a black beauty and it sounds great and all, but i would do differently if I could now and get a mexican strat with a sick amp for the same price. it's true that you can shred on a les paul, but it is not nearly as easy to handle man. Just trust me.
Last edited by silentdud at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by GT_Baller

How about an ESP EC-401FM for the best of both? xD
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Once again, Les Paul shapes. He almost never actually uses Gibson's.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Deans have some pretty hot pickups. If you're looking for a nice all around guitar that'd be my choice. I've heard some good things about Ibanez, especially for playing leads. The Jackson's I've played are pretty good as well.
Equipment:

Dean VX
Dean Avalanche 7
Squire SE Stratocaster
Vox AD50VT
Boss OD-20
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by GT_Baller
James does use a lot of les paula though

not, he doesn't use les "paula", whatever that is supposed to mean. he ONLY uses ESP guitars
I would advise a Schecter or an ESP LTD. They both have good stuff for about this price and they work well for metal.
Quote by fluffpuff999
not, he doesn't use les "paula", whatever that is supposed to mean. he ONLY uses ESP guitars

no he doesn't he's also been seen playing gibson guitars.

and ts do you want a floating bridge or not?
I think I have decided on an ESP LTD M-400. Thanks to all of you guys for your help
Last edited by NameUnavailable at Jul 14, 2009,
Look into the B.C. Rich Jr. V Deluxe...its about 700$ so its a bit above your budget but if youre patient for those extra 100 bucks youll get: ebony fretboard, original floyd, neck-thru, and emg's...maple neck mahogony body...what else do you need in a metal guitar for that price? Oh lets throw in the metal King V shape =)