I've been wanting to join a band at my skill level, i would say i'm a good player, can play some pretty hard stuff, Not things the average guitar player would be able too, but all the bands that need guitarist and wanting to do orginal works seem to be at a lower level of music, most of them not knowing alot of basic Music theory and only about average players(drummers, bass, and vocals).(I know my music theory pretty well, still working on memorizing the whole fretboard but i can make any power chord they might suggest and build on it, I know my intervals and triads and chord construction and meldoic and harmonization and etc, pretty much got my theory to a well point.)

Would it be a good idea to join one that I would perfer for now and write and play stuff at my skill level and let them do What they can do at their skill level or wait for a band to be looking for a guitarist or try and form my own?

I would really perfer to avoid forming my own cause I have no idea how to begin and would pefer to avoid that.
umm. maybe try jamming with one of these supposed lower level bands as long as they have the same interests as you, cuz while theory is important its not always the key factor with band chemistry, so just try jamming with them and if you like what they got going then there u go
u could always write urself. wait, where are u? i have the same problem
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by ajreciever14
u could always write urself. wait, where are u? i have the same problem

Lol, Berwick, And i don't like to do a whole Guitar solo uncompanied alot, so writing by myself and playing by myself is out of the question, I can write by myself but I like a band writing too, Guitar player writing his parts with harmony with the bassand dums and singer or somethings thats a little crazy and every1s just there, Gives a piecie much more prespective then one dude writing everything as he sees fit, and I pefer a band with a drummer giving a strong beat with the singer just getting the audience all wilded up and crazied.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by timeconsumer09
There's a bandleading forum, honestly it's a subforum of this one. Really.

Thanks I'll Check into it here soon and Sove this situation. Thank You For all the help =]
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90