How loud should a marshall tsl60 through a 2x12 cab be?

I'm wondering because it really is quiet (especially on cleans) below like 5 or6 at least but then it gets increasingly loud past 6 or 7 which is where i play with it the most. On the crunch and lead channels 6 or 7 is plenty loud but still, it seems too quiet at like 4 or 5 and i've heard people saying that 'past 4 and you'll go deaf' for tube amps before so i'm just wondering that with 60watts of tube then this should be louder right?

Is there something wrong with my amp? I mean, it sounds good and i can get it to go loud but i just want to know if it's got a tube problem or something that needs to be sorted out.

Any help would be appreciated.
that amp gets PLENTY loud, it just has a more linear volume increase than most. try these settings:
Master - 5
Crunch Vol - 8
Lead Vol - 8
Clean Gain - 7

and remember, clean sounds project more than dirty ones, so they don't have to be quite as loud
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
that amp gets PLENTY loud, it just has a more linear volume increase than most. try these settings:
Master - 5
Crunch Vol - 8
Lead Vol - 8
Clean Gain - 7

and remember, clean sounds project more than dirty ones, so they don't have to be quite as loud

Okay thanks
From what you said, I think your tubes are going. 60 watts at halfway should be percussively loud, if it's not, you've got a problem. No worries though, it is 99% likely to be just tubes.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!