well heres the dealio, lol, i'm getting a 1983 fender american p-bass, for 500 dollars from a friend, in order to do so i'd have to sell my half stack and guitar, is it really worth it

looks exactlly like this, has a Badass 2 bridge and bassline pick ups, its in mint condition

I say its a reissue or something, you know back to the early 90's second hand fenders stay cheap but after that they start to get more and more expensive. And aswell, its complete now that hes modded it with all these other things. And the pics you have there arent of a particular old looking bass.
I looked up fenders from 1983 and they go for alot more than that, so i would check it out properly.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Sounds like a good deal, but check it's absolutely straight. The build quality at the time could be absolutely shocking, and I have seen an '80 model with the neck sitting slightly out of line due to its' shoddy neck pocket.
It left the factory that way.
Even if it is legit, check it out carefully. CJ73 is right--during the early 80s, CBS (who owned Fender at the time) did cost cutting measures and some of the instruments that came out of the factories were truly atrocious in their build quality. Even some of the mid 80s models when Fender employees bought back the company can be dodgy, because they were still using some parts leftover from the CBS era.
its deffiently authentic, i've seen it, its got the vintage fender headstock, with the bold print... i haven't played it though, i've haver heard it, i just wanna know if its worth selling my gear...like is it a dependable bass?
Quote by jagermeister420
its deffiently authentic, i've seen it, its got the vintage fender headstock, with the bold print... i haven't played it though, i've haver heard it, i just wanna know if its worth selling my gear...like is it a dependable bass?

You probably should play it to determine that.