Hey guys, I know I've seen some mixing or producing contests around here before, but I haven't for a while.

I'm at the point where I'm looking for stuff to mix to practice with and was wondering if people were interested in doing one? Also if anyone had the files to "host" it.

Hope this can go down, word. Peace & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Does anyone know who usually did them? Was Moody (I think) one?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Alright I got an idea, how about we pick a cover song to do, and everyone tracks themselves, so it's maybe like a producing contest, and I know everyone doesn't have the same gear so maybe we could get the judges, if anyone volunteers to judge individual people. The winner could be determined by their gear and how it sounds? Anyone interested?

^way, way too complicated.
and not everyone has the facilities to track all instruments.

all we really need is a good set of raw files to work with. no out of tune guitars, no clipping, none of the other various problems the previous competition had.
Quote by TheDriller
^way, way too complicated.
and not everyone has the facilities to track all instruments.

all we really need is a good set of raw files to work with. no out of tune guitars, no clipping, none of the other various problems the previous competition had.

Well who usually does them? I will send them a PM.

Various people, in the past. But it's usually took them ages to get together.
There is poetry in despair.
Hey, there's a thread a little further down the forum I started about doing a remix competition, which is obviously different to what you're doing here (I think I organised the first one of these contests...), but anyway, we should probably organise it so the two aren't running at the same time, else it would be confusing.

Seeing as it usually takes a while to get this kind of contest up and running, what with finding and hosting a good set of raw files, would it be okay if I started my remix one with a running time of about a month and then you could then do this one....?
What do you mean by remix? Also, yeah I don't mind. If no ones going to step up to host and give the files I guess we can't do it :P. I'll do your remix contest though.

Quote by slash-120
They take a long time to organise, and even longer to complete and upload the tracks. If you can get decent quality tracks then yeah its fun.

Pretty much what I was going to say.
If it can be organised and we're getting good tracks though, I'll be up for it. I'm always looking to practice mixing and such.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.