Hey guys I plan on learning a couple exotic scales. The Kumoi and Byzantine. I'm also going to harmonize them and see what chords/progression would fit each scale. I also plan on knowing the theory behind them. But far as memorizing them, I was going to map them out on fretboard paper and make positions (like the general 5 positions of the pentatonic scale). Is this a bad idea or odd? or is this a good way for me to learn the scale on the fretboard.
Odd would be to disassemble your guitar and insert the pieces in your various orifices.

What you're talking about is a great idea.
Personally, I prefer note names, and the formula behind it compared to a major scale (ie. a Dorian scale is b3,b7). So that if you write a song and you end up in a weird part of the fretboard, you don't have to shift over to know what notes you're playing.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I doubt you can find many chord progressions to work with the Byzantine scale. And it's not a bad idea to map then out on the fretboard, if it makes your life easier.
You probably won't find much use with the scales, but it won't waste your time.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I familiar with the byzantine/double harmonic major scale, but what is the kumoi scale?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
You shouldn't have to really learn the shapes on the guitar neck... you should just know - "I'm playing the byzantine scale in D, and already know the D minor scale so all I have to do is flat the second, sharp the third and seventh"

If you can't comprehend that, I don't know how you'd be able to use it in context
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?