I was was just thinking about this - where do all our favourite guitar player get their guitars? Do they all order them? The closest I could recall is jamming with a guy from a local band in an out-of-the-way corner at Steves.
Last edited by ultimatedaver at Jul 14, 2009,
most famous guitar players have custom made guitars, or have a guitar from who knows how long ago
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
A buddy works at GC and tells me that the guitar player of ministry was in there once.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Most famous guitar players use guitars from years ago and probably have a guitar tech that just replaces stuff when needed.
I once saw Zakk Wylde standing on a Marshall MG and talking about its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

...except he wasn't talking, they were words next to his head.

...and it wasn't Zakk Wylde, it was a cardboard cut out of him.

...and he's not my favorite guitar player.

...and it was at a gas station restroom.
Down here in Miami we have that douchebag Yngwie malmsteen come around once in awhile. Ive seen him at a guitar center and my buddy saw him in best buy. I think Kerry King lives near Tampa or something tho.
This guy see's John Petrucci playing guitar at a store and asks him if what he was playing was Dream Theater.

its @ 6:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxbCUpws44

I die everytime I watch that
as a matter of fact, i'm almost absolutely sure I saw greg keelor of blue rodeo in long & mcquade in Regina, Sask. I hardly even listen to them but i had watched a whole concert on tv with my dad the day before and I was sure of it.
The guy at my Guitar Center said that Bob Rock was in there buying an amp when he was recording The Offspring's last album.
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
my guitar teacher was Glen Drover from megadeth for 2 years. and he taught at Long and McQuade

HOLY ****! Dude, I met him too! The L&M on Vodden just beside the Giant Tiger
Except the guy was a douche. Big deal though, look what's become of him
Quote by nedthehead
HOLY ****! Dude, I met him too! The L&M on Vodden just beside the Giant Tiger
Except the guy was a douche. Big deal though, look what's become of him

nah it's the L&M on main street. when i was a student of his he was a super nice guy.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
nah it's the L&M on main street. when i was a student of his he was a super nice guy.

Ah. I seen him hanging around the Brampton store. He seemed to kind of be disgusted by people and wanted to get out of there. Hell, I said hi to him and he looked at me and started walking away.
Not bad though. I hope those lessons were worth it :p
Quote by nedthehead
Ah. I seen him hanging around the Brampton store. He seemed to kind of be disgusted by people and wanted to get out of there. Hell, I said hi to him and he looked at me and started walking away.
Not bad though. I hope those lessons were worth it :p

main street in brampton, next to the sports bar and giant tiger right? Yeah he's told me many times he doesn't like that place. a lot of the sales dudes there are real assholes. the only ones i like are Geno, Matt and the dude with the long blonde hair (in case you know any of them lol)
I met Johnny Depp at a Starbucks up north a while back.

But that doesn't meet either of the criteria set by TS
is favous a sexual lifestyle?
i saw darius rucker (hootie and the blowfish and he sings that country song "dont think i dont think about) at my towns local guitar store. we dont have GC here in columbia, sc.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by artnotapathy
i once saw myself in the mirror of the guitar center bathroom

They have bathrooms?!?!?!

Anyway, why should they go to guitar stores, when they usually get private orders and free guitars to try out.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I saw soft rockers 10cc in a guitar store (it was a scheduled visit, but there you are anyway)
Quote by mrcrono
I once met the R&B singer Omarion in an airport Taco Bell.

Though I don't think that really applies here.

i hung out with a band called the sleeping outside of a taco bell while
i waited for a ride. that was pretty cool.

and ive seen acouple famous guitarists at guitar center. ours
is right next to the biggest "metal" (using that term loosely)
venue here. its pretty cool.
No musicians, but Rachel McAdams' new movie came to my town to shoot some scenes in my sister-in-law's guitar store, that was pretty cool.

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
jim marshall in glasgoooow
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
i saw john petrucci doing a promo for a new guitar at a guitar center in chicago
e-adopted to mdwallin and chaoticfables!
I saw one of the guitarists from Bleeding Through at guitar center a year or two ago, but I wouldn't have even known who he was if it wasn't for some kids who were talking about him
i have some friends who work in the guitar center in richmond, va and they said all the guys from lamb of god stop by there and theyve met them a couple of times. and they got to meet george lynch when he dropped by.

i got another friend who met john petrucci at a hotel once...

but alas i havent met anyone famous yet
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Jim Davis formerly of Prodigy was in my loacl store promoting Blackstar amps a while back. He seems like a pretty cool dude
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Iceman 420
I once saw Zakk Wylde standing on a Marshall MG and talking about its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

...except he wasn't talking, they were words next to his head.

...and it wasn't Zakk Wylde, it was a cardboard cut out of him.

...and he's not my favorite guitar player.

...and it was at a gas station restroom.

I love jokes like this.. "the well it wasn't what I first said.. etc."

and I've never seen a famous guitarist in a Guitar store..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

They usually don't go in a guitar store unless they're doing a promotion. Or if they do go for fun, they usually attract a crowd just by playing the instruments.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
This guy see's John Petrucci playing guitar at a store and asks him if what he was playing was Dream Theater.

its @ 6:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxbCUpws44

I die everytime I watch that

too good, you can see how hard he's trying not to laugh.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith

heh i'v had chest hair since i was 11

Quote by LilVikingboy
Unless you are Robin Williams I find that extremely hard to believe.

Was your mom a wolf?

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club" PM me to join
O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Why is it so funny? That was before petrucci was popular.

nevermind. They cut the scene from a store in the 90's to a store scene in present day.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Last edited by scheck006 at Jul 14, 2009,