I'm really absentminded and always forget where I leave my picks so is there any household items that make good picks? I've been using this dime for a while and it sucks.
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
I cut up an old credit card.

I prefer picks though. I'd just buy a pick holder if you can't find them. I've got one for the mic stand and one for the desk, they work great.
I prefer ID cards or other similar cards, cut up CDs sorta work.. even pieces of tupperware can work if you cut picks out of them
just put a pick into every pocket of every pain of pants you might wear during the week. you'll be set

my guitar teacher used the little plastic square things they put on loafs of bread
I have your solution...

buy more picks...

I've lost enough picks that I can find one around the house if I just lift something up.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Meteorites, Rubber, Plastic, Bone, Metal among others
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Vlasco
Kittens.

Hmm I think cats are better... you get more scream with the pinches haha.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
They´re a bit unwieldy though, hard to manage. A kitten under 4 weeks is just fantastic though. Nice and soft under the fingers. And they make funny gurgling noises.

The extra scream pinches are awfully attractive however...
Quote by Vlasco
They´re a bit unwieldy though, hard to manage. A kitten under 4 weeks is just fantastic though. Nice and soft under the fingers. And they make funny gurgling noises.

The extra scream pinches are awfully attractive however...

Yeah, but see, with a cat, its easier to get a grip on. Them kittens tend to slip and slide right out of your hands.

The squishy parts are great for the comfort factor though, I must admit.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Yes, I drop my kittens all the time. A bonus with the cats is the tail is strong enough to use as a bow so you can do some Page-esque improv.
a penny or the lid off the top of a deodorant can (cut a pick out of it)

alternatively get a pick holder and attach to your guitar or mic stand like everyone else.
Quote by Vlasco
Yes, I drop my kittens all the time. A bonus with the cats is the tail is strong enough to use as a bow so you can do some Page-esque improv.

You win.

On topic, another thing I actually used to use were cut outs from covers of plastic bottles... I had a cookie bottle (it was wide and tall) and the covers were the right thickness for picks.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Buy lots of picks. Keep them in a drawer. If you lose one, get another. They're not that expensive. It's not rocket science.

Here: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Gel-Picks?sku=110300

You can buy 6 dozen (72) good picks for $15. There's no excuse for not having extra picks.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
When you are done playing stick your pick in between the strings on the guitar. Never lose it that way. I also keep a little tin on top of my amp where I keep a bunch of other picks as well.
There's an old trick to cutting up CD's in to picks, it's somewhere on YouTube.

Other than that a pick isn't that hard to obtain. And we've all had our picks taken by the gnomes so don't feel alone.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
rip off ur nail, use that.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Use coins if you want to **** your strings up!!

Honestly, picks are one thing you should never, ever, EVER run out of.
This whole thread is ridiculous. Funny, but ridiculous. Just buy more picks and a tin or use a box or something to hold them in. If this thread goes to more than 30 posts, I'm going to find your address and just send you a box of 50 picks so you can't complain. I feel your pain, I lose them all the time, but that's why I buy them in bulk.

/thread
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I used the same pick for about 5 months, then someone stole it when I lent it to them. Then I prepared a new pick and I´ve been using it for the past couple months. I don´t see how people lose them so often.
Try V picks, and I promise you, you'll keep better track of them!

Not only are they that good, but at 4 bucks or so each, you will quickly learn to keep them at hand!

www.v-picks.com
I use a bowl to hold picks in so that I don't lose them. I also keep picks in my pocket most of the time. Maybe it might be hard for me to lose picks though since I probably have over a hundred...
Quote by ibanezgod1973
picks are like 40-50 pence each or £25 for a bag of 50 so buy a bag and don`t lose the bag.

I've never seen a bag of picks but then again I don't live in the UK...
Quote by acoustielectric
I've never seen a bag of picks but then again I don't live in the UK...

???

GC sells them by the bag.

Come to think of it, I've never NOT seen picks sold by the bag, except for mom-n-pop dives that have the box of drawers collecting dust in the corner...

I buy my bags from MF or Sam Ash online.

EDIT: Also, I'm in the US.
I have a pick container I keep on my dresser, and I also have picks in random places (wallet, that pocket you always find in jeans that you can never put anything in because it's too damn small, gig bag, hard case, dog food container). So I pretty much have one at hand all the time, and if I don't for some reason, I go to the container.

I also have one on my keychain that has a hole in it. As a last resort I can always use that.
i`m using steve vai sig picks the green ones i have to special order them through the shop so they come in a bag inside a evvelope.