Page 1 of 3
yeah, so I haven't smoked anything since last monday. About to hit the 7-day mark.

The first few days were really rough. Could barely eat anything, or sleep. Was sweating quite a bit.

Also pretty much haven't left my house or hung out with any friends the whole week since most of them smoke 24/7.

Basically been playing Street Fighter 4, and trying (failing) to learn Technical Death Metal songs.

anyways, /end blog.
I'm high right now
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Your mother must be so proud!!! Sorry couldn't resist
/dick mode
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
If you go through withdrawal symptoms from weed then, IMO, you shouldn't be smoking it anyways.

Also, if you can't hang out with your friends without smoking weed then you should probably find different friends.

EDIT: Same here, Crunchyroll. Just burned a fatty with some friends and now I'm home chillin' with a glass of milk and a stack of chocolate chip cookies. Hell yeah.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Jul 14, 2009,
good for you.
i wanna try to quit smoking cigarrettes.
weed can wait a while.

what kind of technical death metal songs?
Quote by dudetheman
If you go through withdrawal symptoms from weed then, IMO, you shouldn't be smoking it anyways.

Also, if you can't hang out with your friends without smoking weed then you should probably find different friends.

I know I shouldn't, I'm not the type who can do that **** in moderation. No willpower, etc.

And I said "most" I have some friends who don't smoke much.

Quote by lexanirider78
good for you.
i wanna try to quit smoking cigarrettes.
weed can wait a while.

what kind of technical death metal songs?

Gorod, Spawn of Possession, Defeated Sanity

oh also quit cigarettes along with weed, guess I shoulda said that in the first post.
Last edited by wh0racLe at Jul 14, 2009,
I did the same once.
Made it 83 days before smoking again, but after that once it's been 135 since then and it's been easy. I have changed and I really have no intention of ever starting up the habit again and don't think I will, though I plan on smoking once on saturday... but not again for a while.
Good luck with that. 7 days is pretty good.
I used to smoke dank 24/7 in Texas then I moved back to SoCal and now only smoke once or twice a month. At first falling asleep was the biggest pain cause I was always high when I went to bed. A month and a half later it's not that bad.
And yes, I do find it ironic that I moved to the place with the best weed in the U.S. and don't smoke a lot anymore.
ummm weed isnt addictive. so thats kind of funny to me that you made yourself feel like **** cuz mentally you believed weed was addictive. you were fine.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
IMHO I dont think weed is that hard to quit at all...i smoked a lot last year and then i was like...k this is too expensive then i stopped ...and its been a year already.
27mMoV31II7.a2
Ah the cigarettes explain it a little better.

That's why I never started smoking,
I'm a creature of habit.

Plus, I'm annoying when I'm high.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
its not hard to stop... keep yourself occupied. God the kids who smoke because they have nothing better to do w/ themselves.

/hypocrite

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by mrcrono
Weed = Habit Forming?

Only if you suck at being mature and responsible with it.

But seriously TS, if this is something you want to do then great job.

Personally, if I had a problem with weed I would probably just slow down a little but if cold turkey is what you need then that's the way it's gotta be.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
man, i want some weed.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
man, i want some weed.

I had a nickel-bag of dank about an hour ago but I left it at a friend's house. ON PURPOSE.

That's how not-addicted I am to weed.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
HEY MAN!!!

im literally right there with you!

im 9 days in and its been hell... i didnt realize cutting weed cold turkey was gonna be like this.

sh|ts rough..

and yeah, alot of my buddies dropped me like an old hat cause they too smoke 24/7.. it sucks i have like 1 buddy who still comes over

ive been practicing singing intervals and aural skills in general... im getting back into Music College and i intend to pass this time!

ive been spending my days recording and releasing my songs onto myspace (see my sig) and my profile here...

ive really been having a bad mental go with this... i had a rough childhood and it all seems to just be crashing down on me.. and yeah, all my buddies ditched me so i had no one to talk to, even my family is treating me like sh|t.

but today a girl i knew from my first round in college texted me and said "hey i read your FaceB status and if you need to talk im here" ..it was really touching that someone i dont even know was willing to stop and listen to my rants and venting just because she knew i needed it..

so buddy, if you ever want to talk hit me up! ive got the FaceB and hotmail.. if you really want to just talk i can give you my number.

Dont relapse!! you can do it!! and youll be happier when you can say youre not a stoner anymore
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Antimage27
IMHO I dont think weed is that hard to quit at all...i smoked a lot last year and then i was like...k this is too expensive then i stopped ...and its been a year already.

Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
its not hard to stop... keep yourself occupied. God the kids who smoke because they have nothing better to do w/ themselves.

/hypocrite

Yeah I know. Keeping yourself occupied is key. I realized this a little while ago and that's why I decided to stop.

I was barely even getting high anymore cuz I smoked so damn much. It was basically just a pointless habit.
Cigs are probably why you're having withdraws. Nicotine is bad **** in terms of addictiveness.
Weed, on the other hand, is easy as pie to let go. Just as long as you don't hang out with people you know are notorious smokers, stop thinking about smoking, and find another way to fill your time, weed is nothing.
Quote by GODhimself37
ummm weed isnt addictive. so thats kind of funny to me that you made yourself feel like **** cuz mentally you believed weed was addictive. you were fine.

you sir, are stupid.

and im more inclined to believe youve never smoked.. never hung out with stoners...

and if thats untrue... then you are a stoner whos never tried quitting.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by iantheman
I'm not gonna touch this one.

Yeah, you should probably just bend the lid back down on this can of worms and put it back.

Although this guy is acting like Jack Black from Tropic Thunder when in reality, the drug of which he is speaking has a very minuscule addiction potential.

TS, here's a PRO-TIP: Never, ever, ever, EVER, try heroin. Or cocaine. Or nicotine. Or even caffeine.

They're all more addictive than pot.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
here's a GREAT solution, and may all who can take this advice:

If you dont start to smoke, you will have no problem quitting...

what's the point of smoking anyway? I know its "fun" but i have no problem having fun having never smoked in my life. Im very happy with my life and have no problems.
Quote by wh0racLe
oh also quit cigarettes along with weed, guess I shoulda said that in the first post.

This is why you are having withdrawal symptoms, not the weed.

Good job on quitting, though. Good luck, too.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
weed isnt addictive you dumber mother****er
my bad man i missed the part about quitting cigarettes too. my bad dude. good luck
Quote by Punk_Ninja
With weed not having any addictive tendancies I have no idea why you're reacting so badly to not smoking it.

Well after re-reading my original post it sounds worse than my experiences were.

The main one was not being able to eat much. when I had weed I would need to smoke one before I could get a decent appetite.

Quote by dfinch10
weed isnt addictive you dumber mother****er
my bad man i missed the part about quitting cigarettes too. my bad dude. good luck

For some people, it's psychologically addictive.

I was never a big Cigarette smoker anyways, maybe 5-8 a day at most.
Last edited by wh0racLe at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by Ibanezguy22
here's a GREAT solution, and may all who can take this advice:

If you dont start to smoke, you will have no problem quitting...

what's the point of smoking anyway? I know its "fun" but i have no problem having fun having never smoked in my life. Im very happy with my life and have no problems.

That's not a very good reason to never try it.

There are people who have never ridden a roller coaster but have still had fun in their lives. So, should they just forget all about roller coasters, since they can have fun without them?

EDIT: Oh wait, tobacco?

Yeah, that's addictive, and accounts for the withdrawals. Sorry dude, I'm baked.

But yeah, guy above me is right. Tobacco really is pointless.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by Early Cuyler
you sir, are stupid.

and im more inclined to believe youve never smoked.. never hung out with stoners...

and if thats untrue... then you are a stoner whos never tried quitting.

I completely disagree. I frequently go from smoking everyday to none at all and everywhere in between. It's been a couple months since my last time, and before that I was a heavy smoker. I didn't even really have a reason for stopping, other than I felt like it.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Hey, smartasses,
Something doesn't have to be addictive to be hard to quit.

I bite my fingernails down to the point where it hurts,
and I've done so as long as I can remember,
tried to quit at least 20 times.

I don't enjoy it,
it's just a habit.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
Hey, smartasses,

Quote by sneyob

Quote by sneyob

Quote by sneyob

Wat.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
That stuff will kill ya, man.

Good for you though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by wh0racLe

Well there's your problem.

The withdraws you are experiencing are not because you quit weed, it's the cigs.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by dudetheman

TS, here's a PRO-TIP: Never, ever, ever, EVER, try heroin. Or cocaine. Or nicotine. Or even caffeine.

They're all more addictive than pot.

i doubt youre a pro.. which honestly if you are a drug pro.. go kill yourself. thats a sad things to be. (no offense )

im 23 and im addicted to morphine (bad accidents and long hospitalizations) so ill agree with Heroin.. same diff.

but i quit Cigs and drinking Pop with no problems.

im 2 days further than TS and i am now fully aware that all the stuff about weed not being addictive and habit forming is stupid BS from dumb stoners.

......... ive done coke a handful of times, but not enough to have become addicted. i only did it when guys brought it to my house.. did a few lines of a photo of mine, then would ask "hey you want some" then proceed to do as many rails as id get.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by dudetheman
Wat.

oh and now we all get into the "physically/mentally addictive" argument that's been covered countless times in the DT.
Hooray!

I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Page 1 of 3