ok this my sound stupid and all but im serious, if someone makes a fake myspace page pretending to be you can you actually sue them for stealing your identity??

without getting much detail, its a family members page and we know who made the fake version of it 'cause we were told the login email they used to make the page and its the backup email of that person
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Identity theft. 'tis illegal.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
i think its dumb to be able to sue for that, but you probably could.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Yea I heard something about that where this kid got in a shitload of legal trouble when he impersonated someone on Myspace and pissed off alot of people with it
legal question? to the pit!

You could, but you'd lose. Like that one woman who impersonated a dude and caused a chicks suicide. she got off clean.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
technically, yes.

the courts willingness to convict over it relies on how much damage was done. and with just a myspace page, probably not enough
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Defamation of Character?
██████████████████████████████
today, if you were a criminal breaking into someones house in the middle of the night and you tripped over a left out toy because it was dark and you broke your leg, you could sue the owner of the household and get away with breaking and entering.
Today, if you bought an RV and were driving it on the freeway and you decided to put the RV on cruise control because you thought it would drive its self so you could go use the toilet and you ended up driving off the side of the freeway and crashed, you could sue the RV company for not putting the manual in the open so you could read and you would get 60 million.
Today, you could sue McDonalds if you spilled their coffee on you and got 3rd degree burns because they made it to hot and you would make millions off it.

so yeah, i think you could sue for that and win.
I'm not gay, a lot of people think I'm gay. I have a girlfriend, she thinks I'm gay.
Quote by sykohyko
legal question? to the pit!

You could, but you'd lose. Like that one woman who impersonated a dude and caused a chicks suicide. she got off clean.

yeah. wasnt it her mother though? or different story?
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I doubt it. or else all of the fake celebrity myspace pages'd be toast along with the people who made them.

Yea there's a Myspace page that has the Vanessa Hudgens nude pic and she added the actual Vanessa Hudgens account on her friends list and posted several times "do you want me to delete my account?" That account lasted a long time. I'm not sure if it's still there because that was so long ago