Alright, so I'm buying a Macbook Pro soon before I head off for college and I need some ideas for a good quality (but not expensive or over-the-top) computer mouse. I'm a graphic arts major and I'm also doing (or at least going to be doing) some music recording as well. I want a mouse that won't hinder my ability to do either or crap out on my after a few weeks.

Anybody have some good experiences with a certain type of mouse?
It doesn't matter if its wireless or not, I don't have a preference either way.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Apple Mighty Mouse?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Apple Mighty Mouse?

Mighty Mouse is not that great. The ball sucks...

Just buy a Logitech Mouse that's more than 1000dpi.

I personally have a Rocketfish Bluetooth mouse and its appearance imitates the Mac's. However, OSX is bitchy about non-native wireless hardware. But it works pretty well most of the time.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 14, 2009,
dude the trackpad on macbook's are absolutely amazing. I've never bought a mouse for mine, it will not hinder you in any way.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
dude the trackpad on macbook's are absolutely amazing. I've never bought a mouse for mine, it will not hinder you in any way.

The trackpad is the best, but it's definitely going to hinder when it comes to precision work like graphic arts and music production.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The trackpad is the best, but it's definitely going to hinder when it comes to precision work like graphic arts and music production.

I never noticed the graphic arts part

in that case, get a Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

i had one on my last computer. very good mouse.

depending on your graphic work what about a Wacom Tablet?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by xMetalGodx
I want a mouse that won't hinder my ability to do either or crap out on my after a few weeks.

I'm sorry?
signatures are budget.
Quote by Unourrit01
my macs trackpad is nasty. i actually can do more precise work with the track pad than with a mouse now.

Really? I can't imagine how finger tracking would be more precise than mouse tracking...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

Logitech ftw dude. This is the keyboard and mouse I have. They're cordless so you don't have a huge mess of wires and they have really good battery life.

EDIT: It also has a good program that comes with it that lets you macro your keyboard to do all kinds of stuff. The mouse has two buttons next to the scroller and i set them to 'copy' and 'paste' for photoshop reasons.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
As "amazing" as the trackpad may be on a Macbook, if you're gonna Photoshop, then working with a mouse or a drawing tablet is invaluable.

I recommend a Logitech as well. Definitely not a mighty mouse; I used that at work and it sucks balls. Reasons: bad ergonomics and not as responsive as I'd like.
minus one for the mighty mouse.
theres only one button on top thats easy to get to, and the buttons on the side are annoying. its nice to have the sideways scrolling ball, though.

i suggest a basic mouse with a left/right click, scroll wheel, and scroll wheel button. that has an extra button compared to the mighty mouse.
I have no opinion on this matter.
ive used a very basic 10 dollar logitech mouse for the past 4 years, and my computer is in use doing a pretty wide range of **** around 4+ hours daily.

so id reccommend that
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Really? I can't imagine how finger tracking would be more precise than mouse tracking...

what im saying is that after i have used it for the past year and a half, im more at home with the track pad then with a mouse.
Quote by Unourrit01
what im saying is that after i have used it for the past year and a half, im more at home with the track pad then with a mouse.

same, i don't like using mice anymore because it doesn't feel as natural as the trackpad. especially on macs with the finger motion recognition stuff.
Quote by Unourrit01

Well, being used to the trackpad and its gesture feature is one thing, but being able to more accurately use it for precision work is another.

I'm very comfortable with the trackpad, but there's no way in hell I'd use it for sequencing or notation. Drag speed is too slow and does not compare to the precision of a mouse. And try playing Counter Strike with the trackpad....not gonna work.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I never noticed the graphic arts part

in that case, get a Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

i had one on my last computer. very good mouse.

depending on your graphic work what about a Wacom Tablet?

This makes the most sense. Or get one of both.
Quote by Kenny_Fever
I'm sorry?

Oops, I meant "me."

It's 3am, so mistakes are bound to happen lol

Edit:

and thanks for all whos posted, I'll take a look at your suggestions tomorrow. Right now, I need some sleep lol
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Last edited by xMetalGodx at Jul 14, 2009,