howdy
i have a mate selling a 1998 Gibson explorer.
the condition is reasonable there's a few marks and scratches, it has Seymour Duncans not sure what model though.
anyway he asked me how much I would pay for it and i have to idea so im asking you guys
oh and in Australian dollars would be handy
cheers
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

what did it go for new? i'm not sure what it would have been then, and what that would be in australian dollars

most likely about half the original price, though
well actually he bought it 2nd hand for about $1200 Australian
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

I'm not sure what the exchange rate is for AUSD to USD i think the AUSD is a little more than half

he sort of hinted at wanting $1000 for it but i don't want to get ripped off, and i don't really wanna rip him off
oh and would not having the original PUPs lower the price?

cool cheers guys ill put it to him see how it goes
got any Gibson explorer related tips for haggling him down ?
because I'm not to clued up on explorers

oh yeah and any opinions on the explorer would it shiit all over my dean?
any thoughts or experiences on it would be greatly appreciated

I played a 97 explorer once, they play and feel amazing. They were selling it for $1500 and I thought that was a good deal >.>

Go for it dude.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
cool
yeah Ive been trying to convince myself plus i don't really have a backup guitar right now and when your main has a Floyd string breakage scares the **** out of you
but maybe the dean will demoted to back up

yeah ill have to find out what models they are
I've played the guitar once but it was at a gig and i was so amped up i didn't really pay attention to the guitar sound neck seemed small but i could be remembering it wrong

hey guys i spoke with my mate and he said that it had sh-2 duncans in it was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these pickups