Im gonna tour the factory and wondered if they sell em at the end of the line (les paul). I was hoping they might have an Made In America standard for 600 to 1000$ bux. Anyone got one there?

Additionally I was wondering if they have a nitrocellulose finish for Gibson's. I really like the fact I play my guitars as much as I do and want it to show. If I want a new guitar Ill buy one.

Also saw in a search an opinion of poor quality control from the Gibson factory and a need to overplay anything before you buy it. Opinions?
Not at those prices......They prices at the factory are jacked up.....Much much higher than normal. Or at least the last time I was there (last year).
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
LOL are you kidding?

Where on earth did you get the idea that you would only have to pay $600-$1000 for a $2500 guitar?
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You're more likely to pay the MSRP there.

You do pay the MSRP there
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
if you find a standard for those prices get me one too, i'll give you my credit card number. for $1000 i'll risk getting ripped off...

but all kidding aside, i toured the PRS factory and everything was either your standard price OR was higher. i'm sure the tour will be badass (the PRS was) but i wouldn't go to shop
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
if you find a standard for those prices get me one too, i'll give you my credit card number. for $1000 i'll risk getting ripped off...

but all kidding aside, i toured the PRS factory and everything was either your standard price OR was higher. i'm sure the tour will be badass (the PRS was) but i wouldn't go to shop

Yeah, I went to the Fender factory. I managed to get a personal tour through the custom shop and meet the builders and stuff. No idea how, but I did. SWEET tour. I looked at their american guitars on sale afterward though....1800 for an American Standard Strat
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Everyone here has probably covered the prices, but to answer your other question, all gibsons come with a nitrocellulose finish.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
^You got it. Was going to point that out haha

But yea, everything at the Gibson shop is way overpriced. I doubt you could find a single guitar in the whole place for less than $1800
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Hmm. Nitro finish got it.

Poor quality? no horror storys. good not suprising considering they claim handmade guitars .... from a CNC routing machine (can't wait to tour)

sidetrack: low quality instrument (epiphone) with high-end luthier for set-up/intonation (50 dollars at willies american guitars in st paul mn (www.williesguitars.com) . I would just think a non made in america model would be a poly finish of plywood body which is lame

Gibson makes the best guitar in the world.... (if only i was famous and could have said this on TV.... think Conan!)

But really prefer my strat! nothing to compare too
Quote by FocusedVision

Poor quality? no horror storys. good not suprising considering they claim handmade guitars .... from a CNC routing machine (can't wait to tour)

sidetrack: low quality instrument (epiphone) with high-end luthier for set-up/intonation (50 dollars at willies american guitars in st paul mn (www.williesguitars.com) . I would just think a non made in america model would be a poly finish of plywood body which is lame

Gibson makes the best guitar in the world.... (if only i was famous and could have said this on TV.... think Conan!)

You really think Gibson makes the best guitars in the world? While they do make some excellent instruments, it's quite a stretch to call them the best.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You really think Gibson makes the best guitars in the world? While they do make some excellent instruments, it's quite a stretch to call them the best.

The best guitar in the world is subjective based on loads of personal preferences.
If TS thinks Gibsons are the best, then they are for him.
superman is killing himself tonight
WAS JK!~, But Im gonna say it on Conan one day (wonder if you can take endorsements from Fender & Gibson)...... Gibsons seem to have a seriously low action and the bridge isn't the best for PalmMuting. I take my 54' Highway One Stratocaster re-issue anytime; it's as fun as the day is long.

Wish my strat had battery active pickups though as I f'ed my John Bull pedal a while back.
This thread is making my brain hurt. So far there's been approximately two people in this thread who have shown they have even the slightest clue about Gibson. OP in particular doesn't seem to know the first thing about them or guitars in general.

I mean christ you didn't even specifiy which of the factories you'd be going around.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
He usually is, and that's why we love him.

Back on topic, TS when are you going to the factory?
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by MrFlibble
This thread is making my brain hurt. So far there's been approximately two people in this thread who have shown they have even the slightest clue about Gibson. OP in particular doesn't seem to know the first thing about them or guitars in general.

I mean christ you didn't even specifiy which of the factories you'd be going around.

haha i usually despite your posts. but this one you got my vote.
Quote by GraceKim
That is really condescending.
Good, that means I did it right.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yeah, which factory? I don't think the Memphis one typically produces LPs unless they're Alpine White, though they do have a few in the store.
Quote by Baby Joel
He usually is, and that's why we love him.

Back on topic, TS when are you going to the factory?

Yeah.

When are you going to the factory, TS?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FocusedVision

Am I the only one who thinks this is unreadable?

Edit: Oh and TS, at the factory your going to pay more than if you bought one at Guitar Center.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Unuca
Yeah, which factory? I don't think the Memphis one typically produces LPs unless they're Alpine White, though they do have a few in the store.
Yes and no. The Memphis Custom Shop has made lots of different LPs over the years, but they keep ****ing around with the production.
Generally speaking, production LPs come from Nashville while Custom Shop LPs usually come from Nashville but occasionally from Memphis depending on the year and precise model. The thing about them only handling the white finishes is incorrect though, while there have been some years where they only made the Custom LP that has an alpine white finish, there was no particular reason for that other than Gibson thought if they said the Custom LP was from the Memphis factory, people would think that meant it was Custom Shop and pay more for it.

Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Am I the only one who thinks this is unreadable?
I'm not kidding, I had to send the URL of the thread to a friend who does a lot of translation work and is used to dealing with broken English, and he had to ''translate' the post for me because I'm buggered if I could read it.