I've been playing my schecter tempest for a couple weeks now, and I am starting to notice that it is really sensitive. What I mean by that is that when I play trhough my vypyr 30 using, lets say, tubescream, the slightest touch of skin or pick on any strings causes the guitar to play, and usually squeels. Then when I actually play a song it sounds so messy, even when I mute strings. Yes, the string squeels for a good 2-3 seconds after muting the damn string. Are my pickups too close to the strings? I am bringing the guitar in for a tune-up at the store since it has pretty bad fret buzz, so I might as well tell them this problem (if it is a guitar related problem ,and not just the player ) Or is it just my lack of amp-knowledge? Anything will help. thanks!
usually gain is pretty high. and just to throw this in here... what's the difference between the pre-gain and post-gain? And almsot all the time the amp is about 2-3 feet away from me, closer if I am using my headphones. And no, the amp is volume level 1.5 out of 13. Any louder my mirrors in the house will shatter.
Quote by Lube716
usually gain is pretty high. and just to throw this in here... what's the difference between the pre-gain and post-gain? And almsot all the time the amp is about 2-3 feet away from me, closer if I am using my headphones. And no, the amp is volume level 1.5 out of 13. Any louder my mirrors in the house will shatter.

when talking about gain by itself, its usually the pre-gain - which is more or less your distortion. so basically, reel that back a bit
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
yeah turn down gain and dare i say it look at your technique to make sure you don't get any unwanted string touching.
Quote by Rokeman
Do you have the amp up extremely loud? That could be a factor.

god help him if he played a outdoor gig............it`s gain that needs reducing not volume....

TS what you are experiencing is room feedback, `cos your not playing in a "tuned" room the sound is bouncing of the hard surfaces straight back into the pups and amp thereby squealing throw a blanket over your amp (just don`t start a fire) or line the walls, floors and cieling with a heavey carpet.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 14, 2009,