So instead of buying a cab i am going to build one with my step-dad.
It's going to be a 2x12 cab, I play Hardcore, Metal like Meshuggah, Periphery, SikTh, Gojira, etc.. So i'm aiming for something tight if you get me?

I was wondering what are some good speakers to put in on a budget of about.. <$200-250(maybe 300)AUD for 2 speakers :s, not sure where that is going to get me.

Thanks
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
page not found : (!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Phil Starr, was it the Lorantz Speakers?

Ill post 'em anyways.

http://www.melmusic.com.au/shop/index.php?searchstring=Lorantz&show_all=yes

The C30 series are Greenback clones, and they'll come within your budget. Im looking at getting four of them myself. Dont even think about grabing the last four - 50 watt, 8ohm ones, or i might just have to hunt you down....

Haven't tried them just yet, but apparently they're fantastic. Dont know how Greenbacks would work for your styles though. IIRC, Greenbacks are more Classic Rock type speakers.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Jul 14, 2009,
if they don't suit my style i think i'll pass
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I have some Lorantz 10's in my 4x10.
I'm no speaker expert but they seem pretty good to me.And they don't look cheaply made (I've taken them out to look at them before).
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
bump sorry
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Not sure about prices, cos its been a while since I checked them, but Eminence always get over looked by msot people. Give them a check.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Yeah they are Lorantz, I think they are cheaper in Oz than Eminence for a like for like speaker. The problem with a self build is that you can't try them out before you buy though Eminence do have sound clips of their drivers on their website and it is probably worth a listen.

The other problem is the language we use to describe sound isn't very precise as an engineer I think of a "tight" speaker as having a well controlled bass response due to high levels of damping but a musician may see it differently.

If you find any speakers you want to consider then I can look at the specs and pick out any probable characteristics for you if that would help. It may help you avoid any real errors and the rest is down to your taste in sound.